Author Topic: PREVIEW: AT2: Dark Wizardry - Chapter 2: Enemies and Allies  (Read 3044 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
The time has finally come to start knocking out some of these chapters I intended to write over eight years ago.  I hate to leave things unfinished.  And, being as I don't have as much free time as I used to, it's better I do it in small installments than in a big epic module.

So, I hereby announce that I will begin work on AT2: Dark Wizardry - Chapter 2: Enemies and Allies next week.  I'm not sure how long it will take to get the chapter done, so it will be done when it's done, but hopefully in a timely manner.

Due to lack of time in my life, I will have to take shortcuts.  This means that I will likely not invest as much time into hacks and specialized artwork as I've done in the past, relying instead on community created content for everything.  And, I will likely stick with some hacks that I've already established for this series (like the frame set).

I've attached some screenshots to get you interested.  (NOTE: These screenshots are from an unfinished version of "AT2: Dark Wizardry" I had worked on in the past.  There is no guarantee that what is represented here will be in the next chapter.  They are included for your entertainment only).

LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: PREVIEW: AT2: Dark Wizardry - Chapter 2: Enemies and Allies
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 01:19:11 AM »
Very cool. I'm looking forward to it!  :)
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Iranon

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 05:20:33 AM »
Excellent! I greatly enjoyed the ride, and seeing it continued makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. The balance between originality and that nostalgic goldbox feeling was outstanding, as well as the overall polish... I still don't think I've seen it surpassed. But hey, no pressure.

If you would like some new hacks but lack the time to implement and test them, I am more than happy to try... I did spend rather too much time torturing ckit and in-game art, and i enjoy both.

Offline Kaz-Keith

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Very cool. I'm looking forward to it!  :)

This.

Awesome news.  AT1 was totally inspired, AT2 took me in a different direction literally and figuratively (including the play style, in my opinion)... I will spend the interim wondering what new tricks you've got up those talented sleeves of yours.

Offline DesertScrb

• Another day, another dungeon.
    • Super Galactic Dreadnought blog
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:25:03 PM »
Another design to look forward to!  I will have to re-play AT1 and the first chapter of AT2 to get ready for this.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 02:36:35 PM »
Hmm...it appears that I named Chapter 2 back when I wrote Chapter 1.  The end of the module says the name should be "AT2: Dark Wizardry - Chapter 2: A Curse in Crimson."  But, that name no longer applies since I have changed the direction of the module.

I do have some questions for those who have played Chapter 1 and completed it:

* What level were your characters when you finished?
* What was the level of magic you had at that point?
* Do you have any feedback you want to share before I start working?

One of the things that has held me back all these years was the hard drive crash that caused me to lose most of my story (guess that's what I get for not writing it down).  For years, I have not been able to remember it all.

So, I'm continuing the story at this point by starting fresh and jumping off from where Chapter 1 ends.  Hopefully I will still cover all the open plots and answer all questions, but things will definitely take a different turn than I originally intended.  We'll see what happens.

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:13:38 PM »
It's been so long since I played AT1 I have no idea. I thought I might play it again, but am unsure where it's stashed in the archives.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »
Actually, I meant what were the level of the characters at the end of AT2, Chapter 1.

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
AT2: Dark Wizardry - Chapter 2: A Curse in Crimson
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
Little update on the game:

As mentioned in this thread, I will be designing chapter 2 of AT2: Dark Wizardry.

And the subtitle will be changed back from "Enemies and Allies" to "A Curse in Crimson".
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline chaney

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »
Any Progress?  :)

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
Sadly, not a lot of progress on any of my projects at the moment, because I started a new job this year that takes up most of my time.

But it will get better, and I will definetly tackle these projects in the future.
Released designs:

The Sect