Author Topic: Strange Resting Bug  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Strange Resting Bug
« on: April 09, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »
Help!

At the rest menu, my rest time is stuck at 8:15 hours (sometimes 9 or 10 hours).

Normally, it should be at 0:00 if all spells are memorized, and the time needed for memorizing everything is set automatically.
But not anymore.

If I want to re-memorize a single spell now, I'm always resting a few extra hours afterwards, which sucks if I'm in enemy territory with rest encounters.

This affects some of my more recent savegames, but not the earlier ones.

Does anybody know this bug? Is it even a bug? Can I permanently reset my "rest clock"?

I'd like to avoid having to replay a large chunk of my game.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline DesertScrb

• Another day, another dungeon.
    • Super Galactic Dreadnought blog
Re: Strange Resting Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »
I just use FIX to regain spells.  You can manually adjust the time from the REST menu, but I can see that would be a pain.  I've never heard of this happening.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:40:18 AM »
I just use FIX to regain spells.  You can manually adjust the time from the REST menu, but I can see that would be a pain.  I've never heard of this happening.

Hmm.. the FIX command just refills my hitpoints and/or cures other maladies, provided my clerics have the proper spells.
For re-memorizing spent spells, I always need the "Rest" command.

I have given up now and replayed the part of the game since the bug appeared. I took the exact same path and the bug didn't appear a second time.

I guess my savegame got corrupted somehow, but I cannot say how it happened.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline DesertScrb

• Another day, another dungeon.
    • Super Galactic Dreadnought blog
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:45:06 AM »
You're right, of course; I got the two confused.  I have no idea what might cause the computer to set your rest time at a certain value if you already had all your spells memorized.  Maybe there was a character with a new spell that you fogot you had?

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »
The same thing happened to me in SuperDefenders. It's like one of the characters was set to memorize a spell he wasn't capable of memorizing. It happened every time I rested during the game. I figured it had something to do with a SHUA SpecAb hack. It didn't affect playability, so I just got some extra rest in. No biggie.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline iatus

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »
It happened to me once. At the beginning it as stuck in somewhat like one day, then two days, three days... I think it stabilized around that number. Not a big deal because fortunately you can interrupt your rest everytime, I do it when I have all my spells memorized.

anything