Author Topic: Big Art Update  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: Big Art Update
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
BTW, like manikus, I'm working with a brighter monitor now - did the pic come out a little too dark for you other guys?

It looks great on my monitor.

I'll send you two versions of the frame with a PM, Olivier. Maybe you could tell me which one you prefer.

Edited: I can't sent attachments with a PM, using email instead.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:14:44 PM by Ben J »
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
BTW, like manikus, I'm working with a brighter monitor now - did the pic come out a little too dark for you other guys?

It looks good on both my CRT and my laptop, though the difference between is quite noticeable. I'd say you hit the zone nicely!
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
Olivier - I like the darker scheme to it; there is a blue marble frame for FRUA available that appears similar, but it is very bright.

Oh, I was talking about the pic, not the frame. Like I said I'm not sure if I was somehow involved in the frame artwork or if I just stole it... I know I should keep notes of the stuff I modify and create, in order to be able to distinguish it from other people's work but I'm a lazy bum and therefor it's often a blur in my memory, heh. BAck in the days when I was working on what I consider one of my best mods, "Legacy of the Dragon"... oh, wait... um.... I better stop here.  ;)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 08:37:26 AM »
Apart from resizing the small pic and converting it to 256 colors, I also increased contrast and modified the gamma filter a little because I felt the resizing made the colors look a little washed out and blurry otherwise. Would you give your consent to such color adjustment modifications during the conversion process, too?

I don't mind - in this case, I guess you are just "optimizing" and not modifying per say, so you have my blessing :D  (PNGs do a funny thing to gamma filters apparently, anyway, so...)
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://www.reonis.com/uatu/

Offline Iranon

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
This version of the frame comes from my 'Demon's Bane' project (my eternal unfinished epic module that's been in a sickbed coughing up blood for fifteen years. I'm not getting anywhere, but I refuse to let it die). And yes, it is a modified Blue Marble.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »
Ah, right. Heh. Great work on that one!  ;D