Author Topic: PREVIEW: Oasis  (Read 5554 times)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: PREVIEW: Oasis
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »
I get the same problem when I import the walls in the "Brick" slot.

Looks like there is something wrong with the wallset.

But I'm only familiar with TOOLBOX.. there is also a program named WALLEDIT that I never used... maybe that could help.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline SaneGino

• Been playing this game forever...
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »
Hm.. For some reason my UAshell says all the utilities are there in the folder but won't run them.  does dosbox have something to do with this?
Frua is INDEED great.

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »
I have found that most outside programs called by UAShell from within DosBox while running windows XP require those programs to be called by UAShell outside of DOSBox.

In short, try running UAShell without DosBox when using editors.

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 05:03:48 PM »
Hm.. For some reason my UAshell says all the utilities are there in the folder but won't run them.  does dosbox have something to do with this?

The Editor menus in UAShell list the programs supported, whether they are installed or not. If you get a "Not Found" error, this is probably the case.

Most of the editors are available here.

Also, some editors must be run under DOSBox (or DOS), some must be run under windows, and most will run either way.

Does it make a difference what wallset i put them over, as long as i declare what its supposed to emulate?
This one is supposed to be over brick, and a went to the options and made sure it was, does it make a difference about the placement of the induvidual wall tiles?

In my limited experience, it matters. Different wall sets use different image sizes with different offsets. If I have problems getting the walls to match using the "wall type" settings, I paste them into the DRW-WAL1&2 templates and import without using the options settings. (Using Toolbox.)
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline SaneGino

• Been playing this game forever...
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »
Sorry for the low and slow guys, its been approaching the end of the semester and i've been super busy studying.  In two weeks school will be over, and i plan on working overtime during the summer  :)
Frua is INDEED great.

Offline Krys Tamar

• Prince of Vagabonds
    • Taer Campaign
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 11:31:43 PM »
Since the Egyptian wall set is mine...I'll have to take responsibility for the problems my lack of documenting things leads to.  I think the Egyptian wall set is made to fit into the Marble set, IIRC.  I know it works within my UA.  The good news is, you can copy the wall "templates" from any set to the set you're importing into.