Author Topic: Wall question...  (Read 1489 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Wall question...
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »
I swear there is a trick to having a particular wall not show in area view...I just can't remember or figure it out. :) Can anyone offer some help on this?

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Re: Wall question...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »
If you choose "Select Wall Slot", then select the wall you don't want to show up in Area View and then select "Wall" to edit it  - as if you were about to load a new image - there's an option "Include in Area View" which you can toggle off.

Is that what you're looking for?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:14:59 AM »
D'oh!

Thank you so much, Olivier. I have literally been looking at it all along and couldn't see it. Well, unfortunately in my search, I never tried just that, the one thing I should have - attempt to load another wall. The truly sad part is that there are 40+ walls loaded for the design right now and I didn't notice that check box once. :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 06:57:18 AM »
D'oh!

Thank you so much, Olivier. I have literally been looking at it all along and couldn't see it. Well, unfortunately in my search, I never tried just that, the one thing I should have - attempt to load another wall. The truly sad part is that there are 40+ walls loaded for the design right now and I didn't notice that check box once. :)
Uh oh! I am worried, Manikus! I am quite sure we discussed the same check box a few months ago at the Ironworks forum! :)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:37:57 AM »
D'oh!

Actually I'm quite relieved something like that can still happen to you, too; even if it sucks.  :)
Anyway, maybe that's an indication the location of that checkbox is not the most intuitive one?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:34 AM »
I forget stuff all the time. :) This one...not only did I remind people about in the Ironworks forum a while back, it turns out that a while before that I had posted about this on the Yahoo list. :) Hmm, plus I wrote about in the new Help. ;D I guess I'll need to make an index for that.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
Or ask Paul to put the checkbox somewhere else.  ;D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 11:57:28 AM »
Or ask Paul to put the checkbox somewhere else.  ;D

I think it's in a good spot. :) It's documented, so others should be able to find it, too.

Besides, Paul has more important stuff to do. ;)

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 12:41:39 PM »
Like shovel the 20 inches of snow we got last night ;-)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
I'm jealous - out here in Oregon we've got all the cold we could want, but our normally wet state is dry. :( It's 21 degrees right now and not a cloud in the sky.

anything