Author Topic: Heirs to Skull Crag  (Read 7368 times)

gogogomez

Heirs to Skull Crag
« on: December 04, 2009, 10:56:51 PM »
Cannot seem to finish all 3 Roadwarden item quests before the kidnap stage kicks in.  I only get to recover two of the three items when the mod behaves as if I have collected all three.  Is there a specific order in which I should complete them?  I have tried two different orders (out of a possible 6 if my math is correct) and decided that I may be missing something and decided to find help on the web, which led me here.  So what am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am running FRUA 1.2 and using the UASHELL, in case that matters.

Posted this in another place but then realized it should be here, sorry.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:28:21 PM by gogogomez »

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: Heirs to Skull Crag
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:29:47 PM »
Check my reply in the other thread.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

sarabmatevs

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »
Okay, I'm playing Heirs to Skull Crag and don't know what to do now and it feels like I've just started. Here's what I've done so far:
1. Rescued Dutiocs
2. Talked to Morudel
3. I went with Kallithrea's offer of finding the shield (instead of her siblings) and got the NPC.
4. I talked to the guy at Arelin's last stand to the north of Skull Crag.
5. Now I think that I've explored everywhere and nothing seems to happen. I've been to the three caves (marsh, left side of map, and mountains to south of Skull Crag) in the overland map. I've been to the keep's dungeon and labyrinth (with the jammed lever which I don't know what to do with it).

Any help would be welcome!
There may be a possibility that my module is not original anymore since I got this at abandonia.com...

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »
Try the dungeon directly east of Skull Crag. (You can only find it if you have accepted Kallithrea's quest.)
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

sarabmatevs

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:14:18 PM »
Thanks for the dungeon directions!

Offline vaustein

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
I've been exploring the east dungeon, killing the two hydras and the fixed groups of ogres and gnolls. I've found an area where the NPC mentions a "jagged hole" and a "sickly smell wafting from the south wall." But I can't advance beyond this point. Am I missing an item? Where do I find it? I'm getting tired of fighting random groups of ogres every 15-20 steps.  ???

Offline nologgie

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 08:15:10 PM »
When you fight the ogres at 15,9 you should get a jagged key which will show up in your inventory. This will unlock the door at 17,14. (Where the cloying sweet smell is coming from.)

Offline vaustein

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:20:10 PM »
When you fight the ogres at 15,9 you should get a jagged key which will show up in your inventory. This will unlock the door at 17,14. (Where the cloying sweet smell is coming from.)

That worked. Thanks!  :D

Offline vaustein

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 01:04:04 AM »

Incidentally, is it possible to display current position coordinates on the game screen?

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »
Incidentally, is it possible to display current position coordinates on the game screen?

As far as I know, the coordinates can only be seen in the editor.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline nologgie

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 10:28:41 AM »

If area view is allowed, the coordinates will display next to the compass. I forgot I'd turned area view on last time I was in there looking for an answer.  :-[

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:45 AM »

If area view is allowed, the coordinates will display next to the compass.

True. How could I overlook this all this time?  :o
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Baby Bonnie Hood

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 11:14:47 PM »
Is this design worth playing?  I tried it the first time I got FRUA and it went mostly well, but there were a myriad of bugs (kidnapping starts when only two arms have been recovered, loaded games starting on the starting point of a dungeon instead of the exact place where the game was saved, the jagged key not being needed, etc.).  This was before I updated FRUA to 1.2 and installed UAshell, so I dunno if the bugs were due to FRUA 1.0 or the design itself.  In the end, I couldn't finish it because the plot won't progress after rescuing the father.

Offline nologgie

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 04:09:10 AM »
It plays through for me in v1.2. The kidnapping is supposed to occur after two of the three arms are recovered, but I haven't noticed the bugs you mentioned.

I really don't recommend the design, though.

Offline Baby Bonnie Hood

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 06:06:38 AM »
Yeah, I'll probably chalk up those bugs to FRUA 1.0.  Maybe I'll give it another shot just for the heck of it.

...and suffer through that wretched rakshasa battle again :S