Author Topic: Sound Config Files for UA?  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
Sound Config Files for UA?
« on: February 08, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »
Is there a file that contains the sound configuration settings for UA? I vaguely recall there was, but gosh darned if I can locate one.

My OAUA set-up plays the default and imported music via modules perfectly fine. My UA set-up plays the default, but not imported files.

I am trying to find out what the difference between the two set-ups is, and why.

Offline Merle

Re: Sound Config Files for UA?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »
Aren't the settings for sound passed through CKIT in the command line?

My start.bat for UA says:
ckit SB220 SI7 RB330

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »
I already posted this on the mailing list too: I think UAShell creates sound configuartion files by the name of Uasound.dat. You may want to look for a file of that name in the folder of the applied design and if it's there, try removing or renaming it for it might have a wrong configuration stored.

Do you have problems with other people's hacked designs or just with your own one? If the latter's the case how did you import the tunes that won't be played?

Offline Vix

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:41:57 AM »
Thanks, all!

Between everyone's advice I got it working correctly. Olivier was near the mark with the UASOUND.DAT file, but Nol's response on the mailing list stating to look for it in the ua/programs folder was the kicker.

To be absolutely sure, however, I copied over all sound related files from my OAUA folders to the corresponding UA folders, sans the xmis.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »
Glad I could help!

It makes me wonder, though... Does a UASOUND.DAT file in a .dsn folder override a player's default sound settings?

Nol
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Vix

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:33:43 PM »
Apparently not.

I just tested it by placing a UASOUND.DAT with all N's in Ben's HOS1 which I have been playing since getting the sounds to work properly. It still played fine.

Offline AmigaDave

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 12:32:51 AM »
Thanks, all!

Between everyone's advice I got it working correctly. Olivier was near the mark with the UASOUND.DAT file, but Nol's response on the mailing list stating to look for it in the ua/programs folder was the kicker.

To be absolutely sure, however, I copied over all sound related files from my OAUA folders to the corresponding UA folders, sans the xmis.

I am glad you got your sound working again, but it would have been useful to find out which file was the problem.  You didn't happen to copy them over one at a time and test in between?
Willing to work for a better FRUA community and MORE MODS!

Offline Vix

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 10:12:03 AM »
UASOUND.DAT

anything