Author Topic: add-on for monsters database: DINOSAURS - now LIVE  (Read 1137 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
add-on for monsters database: DINOSAURS - now LIVE
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:06:00 PM »
add-on for monsters database: DINOSAURS

We have discussed doing an add-on for the DC monster base to utilize the amazing icons of Dinonykos and Uatu.

I have created such a thing, attached below. I have not added any non-standard special abilities, i.e. I have not written new ones. I am not opposed to that, though.

http://manikus.reonis.com/add-ons/dinosaurs/index.html
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:10:54 PM by manikus »

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: monster database add-on: dinosaurs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:09:55 AM »
Thank You. I love dinosaurs, and was reading a lot about them, though I doubt I would add some into my mods soon, yet it is a possibility.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 11:26:52 PM »
Great work, Manikus!  I'll try adding it to my spankin' new DC reinstallation...

Didn't you make some other add-ons as well?  I thought there were some others...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:55:59 PM by Uatu »
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:20:19 PM »
:D

We had talked about some other one... Underwater being the main one. There were new baseclass ideas, like illusionist, thif-acrobat, cavalier, barbarian, etc. Then there or course the big ones that are total conversions, like FR 2e, modern, etc.
I kind of stopped work on all of them when we got around 1.0 and didn't start work again until recently. Actually I was going to start posting some stuff today, what excellent timing. :D

If there was interest in other add-ons for the monster database, say lower (outer) planes or upper (outer) planes, or  orc army, etc, I would be happy to work on that, especially if there are icons for them (I know there are a fair number of icons for some of these... :)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
Ah, I see, no wonder I couldn't find them!  But yeah, we certainly have a lot of underwater and inner planes and outer planes icons, and I'd love to have working monster databases for those!  :D

BTW, I'm trying to get back into the DC groove - the latest version seems to roll new PCs who are all age 1 year old, is that a known issue?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 01:07:35 PM »
How about this - I will start on Underwater add-on today. :) Then, I will start in on the  Outer Planes.
I am oging to use the 1e books for Underwater and include all of the art I have collected from you, Uatu, and the art I have made myself. I believe we have a fair number of icons, backdrops, combat dungeons/wilderness and maybe even a wall set or two.

Glad to hear that you are getting back into DC! The age issue is with the races dataase. Are you using a new one, such as came with the latest download? Post any questions you have, and we'll all be on it for you.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
Underwater sounds great - but of course no rush, whenever it is done, I'll be happy to have it!  :D  We certainly have a lot of material between the two of us.

As for races - I suspect you are right, maybe I somehow did not get the races database with the downloads?  I'm sure I'll have a whole bunch of (dumb) questions for you all soon...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »
I started looking at encounter tables last night to start my list of monsters for the underwater add-on. :D But, I might wait to work on it just a bit to do the illusionist add-on.

What did you download for the new version, Uatu? If you are using it straight out of the box, it should work...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: add-on for monsters database: DINOSAURS
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 07:33:42 PM »
Has anyone tried the dinosaurs out? Just curious.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »
To be honest, I've not really done a good test of combat in DC for a while!

But here is my somewhat strangely-colored deinonychus icon.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 01:21:47 PM »
Nice icon!

When you do get a chance to test combat, I bet it will be very gratifying to see all of your icons in action. ;)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
That is true!  But one obstacle is that I am always working on the beginning of modules - meaning that mostly only kobolds, goblins, and other 1 HD or less creatures tend to see combat... (Level 1 party - first encounter, pack of Tyrannosaurus Rex's!  Uh oh...)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »
That is true!  But one obstacle is that I am always working on the beginning of modules - meaning that mostly only kobolds, goblins, and other 1 HD or less creatures tend to see combat... (Level 1 party - first encounter, pack of Tyrannosaurus Rex's!  Uh oh...)

I would think that for a level 1 party, that even a single T-Rex would be more than enough. :D Maybe you could do a special combat mini-mod just so you could see your handiwork in action?

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 09:04:35 AM »
I guess I could make a really tricky level for first levelers...

Right door: tyrannosaurus rex
Left door: angry apatosaurus
Middle door: deinonychus (which still might manage to decimate the party, but its best bet!)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:31 PM »
I guess I could make a really tricky level for first levelers...

Right door: tyrannosaurus rex
Left door: angry apatosaurus
Middle door: deinonychus (which still might manage to decimate the party, but its best bet!)

I'm having flashbacks to Tomb Raider now. How many times did I die before I figured out how to defeat the T Rex? I am sure the number is embarrassingly high. :D