Author Topic: Using sprite pictures  (Read 621 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Using sprite pictures
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:37:28 AM »
It seems i don't know how to use sprite. I have made sprite pic and used it in editor in combat event, i have choosen sprite picture. It shows good and i have put 300 millisecs between frams. When i press start for preview it moves normaly and all 3 pics are moving. But in the game it doesn't move and i shows only one i am pretty sure middle pic. Same happens if i try with 1000 Millisecs.

How can i make sprites move and work in the game.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Using sprite pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:08:19 AM »
It seems i don't know how to use sprite. I have made sprite pic and used it in editor in combat event, i have choosen sprite picture. It shows good and i have put 300 millisecs between frams. When i press start for preview it moves normaly and all 3 pics are moving. But in the game it doesn't move and i shows only one i am pretty sure middle pic. Same happens if i try with 1000 Millisecs.

How can i make sprites move and work in the game.

This is a very good question. :)

The short answer - you can't make sprites animated. Sprites have three frames to represent distances away from the party, just like with combat settings. In events like Encounter, you can use a sprite and set it's distance away from party and have it "move" closer depending upon what the player does.

However, you can animate small pictures. These use the same kind of frame format as sprites do, except there is no transparent color and they do not have to be 3 frames - they can be 2, 3, 4 or longer.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »
Thanks for the answer it really helps, and i guess middle frame was because i have put that monsters (wild boar :)) that they are at the middle distance from party :). Ok that asnwers it, it would be great if transparent small pic could be used also, but it is ok sprites can work it out.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
Now i maybe ask to much, but i think it would be cool to use sprite for a small picture. For example i want to set up a question yes/no event and for a pic to set up sprite, now there is option for sprite already there but it can't be activated. I hope it is possible to do, if not nm :). Also later in tavern event i want to do the same to set up sprite pic instead of small pic. I need transparent one hm because it is encounter in woods, would look nice and probably could do much more with it.

Well that is just what i though about, sorry again if i maybe ask too much :).

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
Now i maybe ask to much, but i think it would be cool to use sprite for a small picture. For example i want to set up a question yes/no event and for a pic to set up sprite, now there is option for sprite already there but it can't be activated. I hope it is possible to do, if not nm :). Also later in tavern event i want to do the same to set up sprite pic instead of small pic. I need transparent one hm because it is encounter in woods, would look nice and probably could do much more with it.

Well that is just what i though about, sorry again if i maybe ask too much :).

Feature requests are not going to be entertained until after version 1.9 is out.
However, you can just make a smallpic - move to wherever your encounter is and take a screenshot. Crop it to just the 3D view, and then overlay your sprite on it in your graphic program.