Author Topic: NEW DESIGN: Friedrich's Revenge  (Read 15981 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: NEW DESIGN: Friedrich's Revenge
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2013, 01:21:56 PM »
Thanks to Paul, the Silver-Xmas edition of Friedrich's revenge is now available for download here! I will also add the link to my homepage, perhaps tonight.

Since you have now updated to the new version, would you please let everyone know which version of the engine that they need to play the design. ;)

The design is made in version 0.914, but the exe-file is within the downloadable folder - no need to use additional files. I have tested it on several systems (but not Windows 8...) and it worked fine as it is.

By the way, your voice acting is also included, Manikus (I am not sure if it was in the Bronze Vesion...)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
Thanks to Paul, the Silver-Xmas edition of Friedrich's revenge is now available for download here! I will also add the link to my homepage, perhaps tonight.

Since you have now updated to the new version, would you please let everyone know which version of the engine that they need to play the design. ;)

The design is made in version 0.914, but the exe-file is within the downloadable folder - no need to use additional files. I have tested it on several systems (but not Windows 8...) and it worked fine as it is.

By the way, your voice acting is also included, Manikus (I am not sure if it was in the Bronze Vesion...)

Ah. I misunderstood - I thought you had updated this to a newer version of DC. :)

You know, I never did find my good microphone. :) This also reminds me that I am going to use some voice actors for my new design. I actually am following your lead in a lot ways - of course using the hyper walls which you created, but also using some event driven combats (there will be regular combats, too), voice acting, some original music of my own composition and some other little siurprises which may include a timed quest (though it won't be game ending if failed). :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Nice i will have to learn to do that too :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
This also reminds me that I am going to use some voice actors for my new design. I actually am following your lead in a lot ways - of course using the hyper walls which you created, but also using some event driven combats (there will be regular combats, too), voice acting, some original music of my own composition and some other little siurprises which may include a timed quest (though it won't be game ending if failed). :D
Now I feel like a real pioneer.

I also think now that a real "deadline" should be avoided in an adventure - but time as an important factor for sidequests is a nice element.

Of course, I volunteer for voice acting!
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »
This also reminds me that I am going to use some voice actors for my new design. I actually am following your lead in a lot ways - of course using the hyper walls which you created, but also using some event driven combats (there will be regular combats, too), voice acting, some original music of my own composition and some other little siurprises which may include a timed quest (though it won't be game ending if failed). :D
Now I feel like a real pioneer.

I also think now that a real "deadline" should be avoided in an adventure - but time as an important factor for sidequests is a nice element.

Of course, I volunteer for voice acting!

I will take you up on that offer when I am ready. :)
Playing your design with the deadline was a fun experience, but it was frustrating for some, and it did take me a couple of times. :) My design is going to be larger in scope and by it's nature more open-ended. But, it will be fun to provide some quests that depend on time passing, or not passing as the case may be.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2013, 04:33:31 PM »
Yeah that time element is a bit hard :(

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »
As written above, the Xmas-Silver Edition gives you an additional day!  ;)
It also has...

More dialogs:

New NPCs:

I also made it a little easier to find important objects...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2013, 05:08:53 PM »
Beautiful. :)

I have it downloaded, but will likely wait until the holidays to play it. But, I will play it. :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2013, 01:19:46 AM »
Me too now it is a chance to finish it then and to learn how to do things nicely as here :)

anything