Author Topic: trying to find the newest version of dc  (Read 1616 times)

Offline noctoskanan

Re: trying to find the newest version of dc
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »
well this is all wonderful. and i thank you guys for your help. i understand why you guys use the text file but for me that is more work than i want with my key board.(plus i'm  horrible typer there for i would have tons of errors.

i will continue with my work of messing with my fake game that i'll never finish or play but love to create.

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 01:06:10 AM »
The current DC version is not much fun to play with, but Paul and manikus will make it better.

i will continue with my work of messing with my fake game that i'll never finish or play but love to create.

Some people don't understand the enjoyment in that, but many of us here do.

That being said, thanks to those who build playable designs for others and might be reading this.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »
I guess fun is a relative term. :D I enjoy playing with the current version just fine. ;) A little more work to save (b/c you still have to use Save As), but once you get into a routine, it's not bad.

I am one of those people that get the most enjoyment out of pretending to build designs. I like to try new things out. I derive a lot of pleasure out of figuring out how to make DC do what I want it to. :D

Also, you don't need to use the text versions of the databases for items, spells, monsters or special abilities. I just use the text databases b/c I'm comfortable with them, as I should be as the DC project manager. ;)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »
I think You are right about that Manikus :) this version of DC is great :) I would say that for version without spells too. DC is very good tool and this version is highly developed. It is just getting better ;) Random smiley: :occasion6:

Offline noctoskanan

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:50 PM »
i never worry bout save s it's  common used tab for ll my pc needs cause i like to have 2 or more back  ups of everything. i just want to dabble and try to make one of my over elaborate cites.

keep up the great work and i'm glad to be back