Author Topic: Alternate setting modules project for FRUA, wanted: mod designers for a team  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Replicant

Hi, my design studio is making an RPG/Adventure game with HTML and some javascript, as a result we can get an efficient team going.  Also a team will enable much more work to be done quickly, and with more viewpoints and input.  I have been really wanting to help or run a design team make some modules for some awesome RPG settings that have not had hardly any CRPG versions made for them.  Here is the plan:

I would like to get a small (or bigger) team of designers for a team to make some mostly non-medeival fantasy (sci-fantasy is good) modules. There is a ton of medeival modules already, I would like to make a few Gamma World mods, then Star Frontiers, Shadowrun, Marvel Superheroes, Rifts, Traveller, Dragonstar etc.

I would really like to make with a team the Alpha/Beta/Gamma etc. campaign series of PnP modules for Gamma World.  Where can I recruit fellow designers for this?  And is FRUA the best tool for these mods?  Or should Dungeoncraft or NWN Electron/Aurora be used from the get go?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:13:42 PM by Replicant »

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
FRUA is restricted in what and how much can be changed. DC is much better for this sort of thing.

Offline hans

...And is FRUA the best tool for these mods?  Or should Dungeoncraft or NWN Electron/Aurora be used from the get go?

Why don't you DL and play some of the alternate setting UA mods, such as those for SFUA (Sci-Fi UA) and SHUA (Super Hero UA).  Then you could see yourself if the engine would meet your needs. 

Those mods are heavily hacked, of course, so you would need UAShell along with UA in order to enjoy them.   

Offline Replicant

Thanks for the advice all.  I will check out some Sci fi and Super heros hack FRUA mods, as well as research Dungeoncraft some more.  This is a long term project so research will be needed for the best toolset anyways.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
I would really like to make with a team the Alpha/Beta/Gamma etc. campaign series of PnP modules for Gamma World.  Where can I recruit fellow designers for this?  And is FRUA the best tool for these mods?  Or should Dungeoncraft or NWN Electron/Aurora be used from the get go?

There is a Gamma World world hack for FRUA, so that would be the best to tool to use because you could jump straight into level design without any need to create mutant races and alpha mutations.

Dungeon Craft has more flexibility, but fewer existing resources. I am working on GWDC, but it is a long way from being finished. Each mutant power has to be scripted in a manner similar to how we created the 1st edition spells for DC. There aren't many combat icons either, so I've been creating some.

And I don't know if anyone has ever done a Gamma World hack for NWN.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com