Author Topic: Can Players Change Combat Icons?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Can Players Change Combat Icons?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 01:38:36 AM »
Without your tutorial, I would not have known that this was even possible, let alone how to do it. I feel stupid that I couldn't tell if my own logic block event was evaluating to "true" or "false".
I assume that I probably am the one who uses logic block events most often, e.g. for time based events or events triggered by quest stages, and I regularly confuse things. I think one aspect that confused me in the beginning was how the letters A, B, C and so on for the different slots on are used, and how to use expressions like "numeric greater". Let's say you put "numeric greater" between slots A and B, it means, if I remember correctly, "if B is bigger than A, the result is true", but I would have expected an alphabetical order. It becomes even more interesting if using the "not" check boxes... :D

I would have used GPDL scripts more often without logic blocks, but I was confused in the beginning that "Execute GPDL function" can be found under "event triggers"...  ::)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:50:08 AM by Dinonykos »
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:36:41 AM by manikus »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »
I think one aspect that confused me in the beginning was how the letters A, B, C and so on for the different slots on are used, and how to use expressions like "numeric greater". Let's say you put "numeric greater" between slots A and B, it means, if I remember correctly, "if B is bigger than A, the result is true", but I would have expected an alphabetical order. It becomes even more interesting if using the "not" check boxes... :D

You are correct that the inputs go from top to bottom, not in alphabetical order. So "numeric greater" is true if (B>A) not the other way around.

Another thing I just discovered is that "numeric greater" behaves oddly with non-numeric string inputs, so the comparisons ("apple" > "banana") and ("banana" > "apple") are both "false". I would have assumed a lexicographical order.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 08:52:04 AM »
"Numeric greater"  means 'numbers'.  "Apple"
and "Banana" are both zero.

If there is no "Alphabetic Greater" and you can convince
me that it is needed, it can be easily added.  Most anything
can be easily added.  Ask and convince and it shall be
delivered unto you.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »
If there is no "Alphabetic Greater" and you can convince
me that it is needed, it can be easily added.  Most anything
can be easily added.  Ask and convince and it shall be
delivered unto you.

It doesn't geet much better than that. ;)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 05:36:27 AM »
Who isn't to say whether apples or bananas are greater? It seems fairly subjective. I suspect that bananas may tend to polarise more than apples; I know there are some people who really can't stand bananas.

anything