Author Topic: 1024 setup  (Read 495 times)

Offline Nukedemus

1024 setup
« on: July 17, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »
I'm about to experiment with the editor and intend to use the 1024 resolution. I have forgotten what is needed to set DC up for 1024.

1. I got 0.9302 of the beta editor (but if you hoover over the file in Windows it says Is that the latest one?
2. What config.txt do I need? How do I set it up? EDIT: The config in the default design folder is not right for hyper walls.
3. What is the resolution if the walls?
4. ... of the smallpics?
5. ... of the bigpics?
6. Can you use full screen pics, more than just as the opening pictures? What size would that be?
7. Is it the same icons?
8. Is it the same combat art?
9. Anything else that I should know or think about?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:02:05 PM by Nukedemus »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: 1024 setup
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »
In the TemplateDesign.dsn folder, there is a file called "config1024.txt". In your design, you need to replace the config.txt with this file. You will need the hyper-wall format from the  various places in this forum (the next version uploaded will have the hyper-wall format).

All of your size questions are answered in the config1024.txt file. :)

The first thing you need to do when loading this design, is open the editor, and under editor settings, change the resolution to 1024x768 or higher, and if this requires a change, you will need to shut down the editor and open it back up. Open the 1024x768 in the editor first, don't change to it from a design of different resolution, else nothing will show up correctly in the editor, except for the backdrops.