Author Topic: PREVIEW: Hillsfar Art  (Read 1646 times)

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
PREVIEW: Hillsfar Art
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
I'm finally converting the art I got off of printscreens of Hillsfar. I will eventually use it in my Hillsfar module. Titles.

Offline GoldBoxFan

Re: PREVIEW: Hillsfar Art
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 11:04:33 PM »
And bigpics.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 11:09:44 PM »
And smallpics.

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 11:51:56 PM »
Retro cool!   :D

Will your mod be all EGA or a mix of old and new?

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:21:20 PM »
Retro cool!   :D

Will your mod be all EGA or a mix of old and new?
I think I will upload a second version using only the art from Hillsfar, and overland maps. I could fix the original, but it uses art that may not have been used before, or very infrequently. I hope there are enough bigpic slots.

I also don't have the last two fighters in the arena because I keep losing my 14th match. I did figure out that they use the same pictures except for changing the color of an article of clothing. And I finally figured out how to exchange colors in GIMP, so I switched the colors of two figures to create the two missing ones.

I also found out how you position an image before reducing its pixels by 2 can effect blurriness. I thought it only got blurry if you didn't divide exactly. So I fixed all the blurry images including the smallpic above. Here is the correction.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:48:17 AM »
Galleries can be found at GoldBoxFan Art Conversion Previews. The Hillsfar Game Art file can now be found at Rosedragon.

NOTE: Combat icons still have to be made for the 16 arena fighters. It might take awhile for me to get around to it. I will also be taking screenshots of various entrances in Hillsfar.