Author Topic: PREVIEW: Blight on the Barrow  (Read 4588 times)

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
Re: PREVIEW: Blight on the Barrow
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
I have playtested through the game once from start to finish. I've made a few adjustments for the second run through. It may be done in a day or two.

Offline Knightmare

• Eltit Motsuc
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »
Looking good GoldBoxFan. :) That's kewl you're in playtesting mode now.

I just noticed something about that font. Earlier today I referred to the Doom 3 game guide because I was looking for some info to post on another forum. That font... well one like it with the same t's and o's is on the back of the guide and also on the Doom 3 cd case. Just found that interesting. ;)
Why is the beer always gone?

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
Looking good GoldBoxFan. :) That's kewl you're in playtesting mode now.

I just noticed something about that font. Earlier today I referred to the Doom 3 game guide because I was looking for some info to post on another forum. That font... well one like it with the same t's and o's is on the back of the guide and also on the Doom 3 cd case. Just found that interesting. ;)
It's from the bold text used in Plane Scape manuals and modules. Gave it an interesting feel. I think Nol Drek made the conversion to FRUA.

I originally made Blight on the Barrow in NWN1, which has no real overland map. The Darkness over Daggerford Overland Map type is too unhelpful for that kind of module. So I made it with areas connected by movement. Therefore I didn't consider other side dungeons and red herrings that you would use in an overland map. I just considered that today.

I just added 24 new encounters/dungeons to Blight on the Barrow that will add a few more days to testing. Five of them were suggested by the bigpics I had (I used my Plane Scape World Hack as a base). The Androlynne one also comes in handy. And I went through all the events and added alternating art when needed. I should have the additions done tomorrow and be back to playtesting. If it weren't for lack of demons, I would convert it to NWN2 also.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 05:32:40 AM »
Wow, what a great treant picture. Being familiar with your NWN module, I'm looking forward to playing the UA conversion.  :)

Offline Knightmare

• Eltit Motsuc
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 06:33:54 AM »
The Plane Scape stuff is something I never got to play, so it's all new to me.

Nice treant indeed.
Why is the beer always gone?

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »
Wow, what a great treant picture. Being familiar with your NWN module, I'm looking forward to playing the UA conversion.  :)
I used three treant pictures with almost half being this one. It sure is a beauty. I don't think I uploaded it as art because it is more or less normal and all my art packs are based on games systems.

The Plane Scape stuff is something I never got to play, so it's all new to me.

Nice treant indeed.
Technically this isn't Plane Scape, it is in the Forgotten Realms. The Great Dale. It just has so many Plane Scape dwellers that I made the Plane Scape World Hack (using other peoples art) for it. There are 20-30 Plane Scape creatures and at least 3 normal creatures.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
I just finished putting in the last of the events for the new areas I created. This and my contest entry might both be done before January now that I'm playtesting them both.  ;D

anything