Author Topic: Palette manipulation  (Read 1099 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Palette manipulation
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:30 PM »
Are there any tools available for FRUA artists that act like UA256, but for walls and backdrops?

I don't mind cracking open the text editor to modify a couple of palettes - PSP does not let me shift palettes, or even copy an dpaste within a palette. I'm looking at converting 52 walls for use in FRUA from the TotSF game. Saving a palette, editing a palette and reloading a palette for each image; times 52 is not something I'm looking forward to. I'm not even looking forward to doing this for the 10 backdrops. :(

I read that toolbox can do this kind of thing, but only for a created TLB - I don't want to create a TLB.

Any suggestions for how to make this process easier would be greatly appreciated. :)

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: Palette manipulation
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
Check your e-mail.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
Checked. :D

Is there a way to do this with multiple colors (copy or move) at once? It doesn't seem like there is, but I have a knack for overlooking the obvious. ;)

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:42:49 PM »
Nope. Sorry. But once you get one of a given palette done, you can load any that use the same palette, then hit restore palette, then remap colors, then save, and you're done.

It also does multi range color cycling.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
Color cycling is beyond my meager capability. I think this will effect the two or three torch walls, but none of the others. Maybe I'll just save those for last, for when I'm more comfortable with these little proggies. :D

anything