Author Topic: Dual class not working  (Read 335 times)

Offline KTG

Re: Dual class not working
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 08:57:43 PM »
Thanks guys, good to see this getting attention.  Please note that the requirements are 15+ in the ability score(s) of the FROM class and 17+ in the ability score(s) of the TO class.  If I read the sample scripts correctly, the FROM and TO requirements were reversed.  A class such as Paladin has multiple ability scores that should meet the requirement.  Also, a few combinations are not allowed due to alignment restrictions (e.g. Paladin / Thief), but otherwise any single class human character that meets the FROM requirements can change to any other class that he meets the TO requirements .

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 10:19:21 PM »
As Paul noted, there should be a check that the race of the individual wishing to change classes is "Human".

I also don't see a check for whether a character has previously changed classes or not. It looks to me like a character could change back and forth multiple times, rather than being limited to a maximum of 2 classes (Dual-Classing).
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »
check for whether a character has previously changed classes

The hard-wired code attempts to check for this.
Does it work?  It should.  But maybe it should be removed
from the hard-wired code so that the designer could
allow multiple changes.

race of the individual wishing to change classes is "Human"

This is handled in the races database.  An option named: "ChangeClass yes/no".
Does it work?  It should.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »
The script listed is not going to be used, but it did handle correctly the "to" and "from" - I had tested it that far. ;)

I have added more checks to the new scripts, like all of the abilities and alignement options for a given class. As Paul stated, I have not put in any race checks as we are alrady doing that in the races database. However, for a designner doing her own thing, race checks would certainly be appropriate if applicable and work in a similar manner to the ability checks. You can also do sex checks - like if you want a "Priestess" class, for example.

I'm working on some snafus in at least one of my new scripts, so progress is being made, but not there yet.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »
We have the Change Class optioin working, both engine and script. However, as I was testing the above asked about "one change only" rule - yes, it is in place - I decided to try training a PC in the new class and promptly crashed the engine. I have three PCs which had changed to 3 different classes, and training any of them results in CtD.

A little bit longer before I post scripts and links, etc.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »
Crash has been fixed by Paul. However, still not posting anything because not only does changing to Magic User not work, but once you change to any class, you're stuck at 0 XP, not spells (if applicable), and XP cannot be gained...when we get this fixed, and assuming it is the last of this bug, I will update everything.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 03:37:00 PM »
I think we've got it. Check out this thread:
http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3620.new#new

Offline KTG

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 12:31:16 AM »
I think this is only partially fixed.  I installed the 3.25 version and did a little testing.  3 characters, all human.  A cleric that switched to magic-user, a fighter that switched to magic-user, and a fighter that switched to cleric.  In all cases, the options presented for changing class were the correct ones, based on the stats, etc.  That is the part that (I hope) is fixed.  After that, however, the characters show as if they had changed classes, but not one of them could memorize spells in their new class. I leveled them a couple times and still no spells available. Actually, the cleric that switched to MU could still memorize cleric spells.  Also, after surpassing the level of the original class, it still showed as if they only were the new class (but not able to memorize spells of the new class).

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 04:18:43 PM »
I am not surprised to hear this. I even have an idea of what is causing this. ;)
No mini-mod needed.

I think there will be another issue with changing classes, too. But will wait on that until it is reported.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 04:10:22 PM »
Paul has done it again, ladies and gentleman.

Check out engine 3.35 for the fixes needed to properly cahnge to a spellcasting class.
http://www.dianneandpaul.net/UAF/DungeonCraft_335.7z

You also need the new databases attached to this post (special abilities .dat and .txt).

anything