Author Topic: PLANNED DESIGN: Friedrich's Fault  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: PLANNED DESIGN: Friedrich's Fault
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »
The idea is that the VR room already known from the Friedrich Adventures creates horror/fantasy creatures based on the Marten characters... So this would be a Gnome on the Martens' Planet.
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
The idea is that the VR room already known from the Friedrich Adventures creates horror/fantasy creatures based on the Marten characters... So this would be a Gnome on the Martens' Planet.

Got it. That sounds very intriguing. You come up with some of themost interesting stuff. :D And then you draw great art of it.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »
Well, the virtual reality room thing is of course a motive also known from certain movies, TV shows and comics...
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »
These look greaat.

Something that you do quite nicely, which I aspire to do, is to populate your designs. Your use of NPC walls and sprites makes it seem like the party is not the only thing in the game. :D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »
Something that you do quite nicely, which I aspire to do, is to populate your designs. Your use of NPC walls and sprites makes it seem like the party is not the only thing in the game. :D

I think this is one of the most important aspects for me (populated designs and interaction with NPCs), particularly because I am not so much a fan of combats. It does not necessarily need to be done graphically - for example, I liked how Nol Drek achieved a populated village in "The Village of Hommlet".

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
I agree, this is a great aspect of your designs, and you do it very effectively.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »
You make an excellent point. Graphics are not the only way to "fill up" teh empty spaces in a DC design. Sound and text are great ways to add atmosphere as well a sense of life. :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2017, 05:42:45 AM »
It looks great  ;D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2017, 12:57:05 PM »
I will put Friedrich's Fault/Friedrich's Fastnacht on hold to contribute something to the 1-week challenge. But I will certainly continue with this design, probably in March. Below is a page of the intro comic...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »
This page looks great, my friend. :D You put us all to shame, taking a break on a design to do another design. ;)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2017, 12:05:17 AM »
When I posted the image, I realized I did not add the windows which can be seen in the 1st floor of the building in picture 2 to the following pictures (which are based on DC screenshots)... I corrected that yesterday... 

You put us all to shame, taking a break on a design to do another design. ;)
I plan to do two one-week designs...  ;D

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2017, 12:34:04 PM »
Two? Surely not in the same week...two weeks back to back?

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2017, 02:41:17 AM »
I am not sure. There are several projects which I will have to do/finish at work until March 13th, so finding appropriate time windows might be a challenge.
But I have already prepared most of the text and probably all graphics so that I should be able to do the DC-related work within a quite short amount of time.
One design will be "The Ambassador's Letter", a 2-level design featuring one of the characters from "Snow Tigress", and the other, "The Outback Ruins", will be a kind of "Indiana Jones" adventure (comprising 4 levels) and a direct sequel to "Rise of the Insectoids". 

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »
Impressive. :D I look forward to playing these.

I think it's kind of funny that you are apologetic for what you think is taking a long time but the reast of us think is super fast. And then factor in that you are doing your own art, all of the pieces needed, and it is doubly impressive. ;)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »
For some reason I seem to appear apologetic even if I don't intend to...   ::)
Concerning art, I will use numerous images which lurked in my DC folders for years and were never used, so I did not have to do that much...
In worst case, I might not finish one or both designs in time (until March 13th), but I like ProphetSword's idea and will thus see that I at least keep the 7-day rule.

Considering how many people want to contribute to the one-week-challenge compared to earlier challenges/contests during the past years, the idea must have hit the right nerve!

anything