Author Topic: One-Week Challenge - Part 2  (Read 198 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
One-Week Challenge - Part 2
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »
Several months have passed since the last One Week Challenge. I thought I'd throw out a message to see if anyone is interested in participating in another one. 

Feedback during the last one leads me to believe that people might want more prep time (two months versus just one).  So, I'm thinking two months prep and one week to throw the module together.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: One-Week Challenge - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »
No interest?  Perhaps if we waited a few more months?

Offline Mechanaut

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »
I'm interested... It's just that I leapt into it last time, and didn't deliver... So I wasn't going to post until I was confident that I had the time and some kind of decent enough scenario seed... Which I don't have at the moment.

(I've only got brainstormed notes; no real adventure plot. I'm experimenting with DC this time; trying to see what's possible.) 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:10:32 PM by Mechanaut »

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 03:07:07 PM »
I'm also kicking around some ideas to see if any of them would make a workable scenario --that is, the basic bones of a story that would be worthy of telling (one that I could get excited about), while also something small enough to be completable in the time frame. 

Maybe encouraging everybody to just think about it for a few days before deciding might prime the pumps a little...

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 07:03:07 PM »
I imagine it will be a few days before we get enough people responding anyway.  If people are interested, there would likely be a two-month period for prep work before the One-Week Challenge would officially begin.  I think there will be lots of time if people do show an interest.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 01:49:49 AM »
I am interested and have two ideas which should work well, the thing is that I have neither played through all entries from the last challenge (I think I played half of them yet, but would like to have at least a short look at the others) nor received feedback for my entry yet (but that would be helpful to decide with what kind of mod to proceed).
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 08:53:29 AM »

If time allows, I'd like to whip something up, too.  This time it would be something original, though.  Reaching Game50 with the last batch seemed like a good threshold.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
Sorry I am too busy :) for a month at least. But things are going great for work at least with sun up high to keep people coming :D

Offline Kaz-Keith

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 10:38:02 AM »
I am interested and have two ideas which should work well, the thing is that I have neither played through all entries from the last challenge (I think I played half of them yet, but would like to have at least a short look at the others) nor received feedback for my entry yet (but that would be helpful to decide with what kind of mod to proceed).

I apologise to you and Jadefang:  I had gotten permastuck on Jadefang's bigger entry and somehow missed your release notice for The Ambassador's Letter... it was my intention to play through every one of the one-week design challenge submissions.  I will set time aside immediately for completing and reviewing both.

It makes me glad every time a new person appears here 'finding' our community, but we cannot count on new blood to vitalise us: we need to be the community we want and if that means we must prioritise our time to ensure we are: reviewing our designs; playing our designs; getting feedback or petitioning for feedback (regardless of the platform or forum); stirring each other up with discourse or polls - this are things we really oughtn't be asking of each other but going ahead and moving forward on ourselves.  So guilty of not doing that more and very sorry to both you and Jadefang :\  I'll set time aside tonight and tomorrow to play through and review both of your submissions.  Anyone else who did not receive feedback or just wishes to have other eyes on things by all means please ask and I'll make the time for you.

Peace and pixels my mates!

edit: I've played and reviewed my first non-demo DungeonCraft design!  Dinonykos was as gentle and generous an author as I could have hoped to have!  :D  My review is posted and all I can say is WOW.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:49:23 PM by Kaz-Keith »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:35 AM »
Thanks again for the nice review. I am very motivated now to join the second challenge... :D
I will also see that I dive deeper into Ray's designs.

Concerning the challenge, I will probably again rather need 7 non-consectutive days instead of one week. Two months preparation/planning sounds good!

Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE