Author Topic: Questions about DC  (Read 14250 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Questions about DC
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2017, 06:04:47 AM »
I will try, thanks for letting me know about Your age, I was wondering and now things are much clearer. My parents are 70 and this year I felt a need to be much more with them as they are getting old and I just need to take care about them a lot better.

Now thinking about it yes it is a massive one. I tried to do a (big) campaign that consists of lot of smaller adventures. I have not planed limit and was thinking to test what I can do with DC, but it could go all the way to Lv 20 and above to immortal characters, though my thoughts were to concentrate on lower level adventures and fix bugs along the way. That means I should work up to Level 4 for now, later 8 then if things go good to 12, 16 and 20... I planned different version of same places for different levels, but haven't yet tried it and there should be choices for avoiding combat as I am trying to make it focused on the story...

I am developing my own RPG system along the way too and also system for mapping that I can use with DC. I have a notebook where I draw maps and next expansion will be roads.

About in game art, I like to do it but lately I think I should focus on scripting and learning to make in game programm better. I still dream about making my own version of DC that could work with my own RPG system :)

One more thing... this module is my try to continue my previous adventures in my published RPG system. Now I am trying to do 2nd version and somehow I imagined that my previous world exploded and that now there are many small planets, moons and asteroids there full of life and the current adventure is on one of them and adventures could visit others too.

Also there should be option to go back into the past in times before the cataclysm :) only problem is that I will need to redo all that as now my plan is to do English version though I will need to do Serbian and possibly Russian version. I will have to think how to do maps but probably English will be first language for maps if I can't make some smart solution.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:07:54 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2017, 10:15:23 AM »
my plan is to do English version

That is the version I would prefer.  I have enough trouble
speaking English.  They tried to teach me Latin: total failure.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2017, 01:41:06 PM »
I will try to do what I can, I have to admit that my English is not perfect :). I tried to learn Latin and I still have a book of Latin quotes and phrases. That is a real wisdom, I read it from time to time or on my phone from similar app.

Btw it seems my evil party portrait and icons are missing all except one... I think I will need to do my backup of my mod more seriously from now on. Also I need to download and sort Manikus altered portraits, especialy guards and female human and drow portraits.

One more thing, I tried to make a book of DC commands and tutorials hoping to learn them but for about a year I have not updated it. Hm I was thinking to maybe write a bit about UA history too :) but nm it now. I will need to learn it first :)

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2017, 07:31:20 PM »
Hm I was thinking to maybe write a bit about UA history too :) but nm it now. I will need to learn it first :)

This seems like the proper order to me. Learn it first, then write about it second.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2017, 12:35:46 AM »
Yes I will. People are very smart and cool here. I will try to learn and document things. Hm I need to ask a favor from Uatu :) and will post about my progress in my mod thread. Need to go to swimming today too :)