Author Topic: 3.0, 3.5 hack?  (Read 693 times)

Offline SaneGino

• Been playing this game forever...
3.0, 3.5 hack?
« on: June 08, 2009, 06:40:25 PM »
Is there, or would anybody think about creating, a hack for UA in 3.5?  I'm sure there are one or two 3.5 fans around here, and while i love my 2.0 and 1.0, i gotta say it'd be a good change of pace to revamp the game into 3.5.  :D
Frua is INDEED great.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: 3.0, 3.5 hack?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
As much as I wish we could do things like that, converting UA to 3.5 would be impossible.  Really, really impossible.

LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Krys Tamar

• Prince of Vagabonds
    • Taer Campaign
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:16:50 AM »
I *have* tried to make some 3.5 changes...but it really does screw with things.  Probably (maybe) the easiest 3.5 change to make would be to reverse the AC and start it at 10.  I think one of my mods has a reversed AC chart.  I also hacked the spells as to only have 3 saving throws, and altered the saving throw charts to the 3.5 charts with bonuses for ability scores that are typically high for that class, i.e. a Cleric would get a +2 on the Will Save chart because they typically have higher wisdoms.  I don't think I've done much testing with it though.

Offline SaneGino

• Been playing this game forever...
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »
It probably would be quite difficult to make a full hack... perhaps in dungeoncraft they'll have one if it EVER comes in a full version -.-
Frua is INDEED great.

anything