Author Topic: REVIEW: Game50: League of the Red Serpent (by Ray Dyer)  (Read 46 times)

Offline hans

REVIEW: Game50: League of the Red Serpent (by Ray Dyer)
« on: April 04, 2017, 10:57:30 PM »
The final of Ray Dyer's ten! entries into the One-Week Challenge (http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3429.0), Game50: League of the Red Serpent ends the "Thunder Rift" campaign on a enjoyably satisfying note.   

While not as big or as challenging as the previous design in the campaign, Game47: The Haunted Tower, League of the Red Serpent provides a nice sense of closure to the Rift's final farewell. 

There are a number of wonderful touches within the story, not the least of which is having a spy who is, for now, a Bugbear.  And the interaction with an even shadier NPC places the PCs in a refreshingly rare position.  It all leads to an end of celebration and rewards that elevates the party to a fond position of high esteem in Knacker Knob. 

While this design would work fine as a small, stand-alone adventure, it works much better as the finale of the whole "Thunder Rift" campaign.  Playing through all eleven mods, in the order proscribed by Ray on his Realm site (http://www.therealm.flopsyville.com/Menu.htm), is equal to playing a full epic.  One that I've greatly enjoyed! 

I am truly amazed that in hardly more than a month's time, spending far less than a week on each individual mod, that Ray could produce such a cornucopian turnout as part of the One-Week Challenge! 

My hat's off to you, Ray, with much gratitude!   :notworthy:

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: REVIEW: Game50: League of the Red Serpent (by Ray Dyer)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:05:30 AM »
Yes, amazing! Well done Ray.

Offline Ray

Re: REVIEW: Game50: League of the Red Serpent (by Ray Dyer)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »

Thanks, guys!  And, back at you in all sincerity--you know that we designers crave feedback!  I'm so glad that you enjoyed the series!   :D

anything