I'd better start the preview post before the one week challenge becomes a distant memory...
For the one week challenge on a randomly game generator for DC...reports and rumors are still coming in, but this is what we know so far:
* The game is provisionally named 'Dark Things'. It will be a roguelike (ie, randomly generated) dungeon, adhering to as many roguelike traditions and tropes as seems useful. It will use Dungeon Craft, and the standard AD&Dish rules.
* It will have a dark fantasy/horror theme to it, because I'd like it to be something different to simply wandering around some random maps killing some random monsters to meet an XP quota to advance to the next level. Fear of being alone in the dark, lost. trapped and hunted by supernatural beings will be there as themes as much as hack & slash.
* I am making this for my own satisfaction, as a sort of personal challenge. If anyone else ever plays it, that's a bonus. If anyone actually likes it, that's an even more unlooked for bonus.
* The module will consist of a single dungeon 16 levels deep, with the ultimate challenge to be faced on the 16th level, and a town above the 1st level where the player can return for training, shops etc. Another level will be a long stairway down, that connects all the dungeons and acts as a hub.
* the party will consist of a single PC, possibly being joined by NPCs
* each of the levels will have its own unique generator, style and theme. I wanted to get several themes done for the challenge, but I can see I'm only going to be able to finish one.
I'll post some actual screenshots soon.