I started my other design in progress ("Friedrich's Fastnacht") with version 279 and had the same issues, but also with different walls. I conclude it is not design specific. What I cannot test that easily is if it may be tied to my wall format - but as written, I use the same wall format for all walls.
I just tested "Stolen Masterpiece" with 279, and though this uses totally different art (but the same wall format), I found the same issues. What I have not yet found out is why the same wall can be displayed correctly sometimes, and sometimes not. I assume it has something to do with the neighbouring walls.