Author Topic: Attention: One-Week Challenge  (Read 338 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Attention: One-Week Challenge
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:19:39 PM »
I posted about a one-week challenge on the FRUA boards.  You can find that post here:

http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3429.0

This challenge is open to DC authors as well.  If you want to join the challenge and attempt to build a DC module from scratch in a week's time, feel free to join us.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Attention: One-Week Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
Thanks for putting a link in the DC section, ProphetSword. Some of us don't make it out if this section on a regular basis. :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:57 PM »
Thanks for info, I will try to do something, as it is a good motivation for me to try again with my mod. I just yesterday finished 1st session of tabletop Castle Greyhawk where my party killed 1 beholder and faced illusion of a lich from 12 level Illusionist. I was wandering also would it be possible in FRUA to make Ruins of castle Greyhawk and I think it is around 30 levels with 100 rooms each that is about 3000 rooms or a bit less. I was just wondering would it be possible to do it in FRUA. But I better start with something smaller :D.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »
Thanks for info, I will try to do something, as it is a good motivation for me to try again with my mod.

Just keep in mind that if you take part in the challenge, it won't be to work on something you've already started.  The challenge is to both start and finish something from scratch in seven days.

Online Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 07:46:39 PM »
Just keep in mind that if you take part in the challenge, it won't be to work on something you've already started.  The challenge is to both start and finish something from scratch in seven days.

I've started thinking about ideas for my entry already. I might have to severely limit the number of hacks and the amount of artwork in order to make something in one week.

@Ben - Rest assured, I have not touched my FRUA or art programs yet and will wait until the proper time to begin creating.  :angel1:
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:22:28 PM »

I've started thinking about ideas for my entry already. I might have to severely limit the number of hacks and the amount of artwork in order to make something in one week.

I am trying to figure out what to do. My first thought was to start Greyhawk Ruins and maybe do first part as Keep on the Borderlands but I dont feel ready yet and my intention is to get experience in mod making with my current mod first. Then I was thinking about one Dungeon Magazine adventure but want to do something differnt this time, probably will try something historical or some book or story conversion.

But good thing is that my tabletop group played 2 sessions and meets again tomorrow and they found a secret portal to lower levels of Zagyg's tower where real adventure is, but how it will and it remains to be seen :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:24:47 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
I am trying to figure out what to do. My first thought was to start Greyhawk Ruins and maybe do first part as Keep on the Borderlands but I dont feel ready yet and my intention is to get experience in mod making with my current mod first. Then I was thinking about one Dungeon Magazine adventure but want to do something differnt this time, probably will try something historical or some book or story conversion.

But good thing is that my tabletop group played 2 sessions and meets again tomorrow and they found a secret portal to lower levels of Zagyg's tower where real adventure is, but how it will and it remains to be seen :)

Are you saying you are going to be part of this challenge or not?

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 03:34:46 AM »
I will try :) I just don't have good idea for my new mod, yet. I am still thinking what to do :/

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 04:01:01 AM »
Unfortunately, I have already two ideas which I think are good - I hope I will be able to decide once THE week has started...  ::)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 02:08:22 PM »
 Nice ;D I think I have decided what I will try to do though it will be miracle if i finish it in time, but I can try. It will be something like reality mod but we will see how it will look like. It probably will start in my hometown but that yet has to be seen.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:10:35 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »
Nice ;D I think I have decided what I will try to do though it will be miracle if i finish it in time, but I can try. It will be something like reality mod but we will see how it will look like. It probably will start in my hometown but that yet has to be seen.

The idea behind this challenge is to work on something small that you can manage within a week.  If you think it will take a miracle to finish it, then you are focusing on a module concept that is entirely too large in scope.  Switch to an idea that will require less work. 

In the end, it would be better for you to actually release something that has just one hour of play time versus never releasing something that could have potentially had 40 hours of play time.

anything