Author Topic: GPDL Event Trigger question  (Read 293 times)

Offline Darcnyss

GPDL Event Trigger question
« on: September 11, 2016, 11:07:02 AM »
Hi again.
Just a quick question here. I have various events that should only trigger while the party is searching/looking, AND is also facing a specific direction.

I am using an event trigger script to try to achieve this.
I know that I can check the party's facing with $GET_PARTY_FACING( ), but how do I check to see if the party is searching?

There is probably a very simple answer to this, or I simply missed something, though I have to admit at this moment in time I am a bit baffled.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: GPDL Event Trigger question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »
I must admit that I also cannot find it - however, you could also do this without any GPDL script using the "CHAIN" event you can select in the event editor:
CHAIN (TRIGGER: IF PARTY IS FACING...)
|
-----DESIRED EVENT (TRIGGER: IF PARTY IS SEARCHING)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Darcnyss

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »
Thanks for that, Dinonykos. That does the trick. Though it would be very helpful to know the GPDL equivalent as well. For instance, in the unlikely event where an event must only be triggered if the party is facing East, looks at the bookcase, has the special item "Useless fingernail of semi-doomness", has the spell " Pindle's Endless Irritation" cast on them and owns 12 doodads, the chain could get pretty complex very quickly, whereas, to me at least, a GPDL script would be easier to look at to ensure everything is set up correctly.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
Dinonykos method is totally what I would use, too. Partly because there is no function to see if the party is searching. :)

Offline Darcnyss

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 04:06:24 AM »
Hehehe. Ok. Then that is the method to use. Thank you.