Author Topic: MegaDungeon modules?  (Read 733 times)

Offline Draugr

MegaDungeon modules?
« on: August 17, 2016, 03:23:42 AM »
Hey folks.

Been getting the itch to get back into playing FRUA or DC modules again. Before I start downloading The Realms modules, I wanted to ask if there are any good, complete megadungeon modules like Undermountain, or the Worlds Largest Dungeon, etc? If there are please let me know their names so I can search for them and download them.

Thanks
John
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:11:48 PM by Draugr »

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: MegaDungeon modules?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:19:36 AM »
Something like Mega dungeon is Greyhawk Castle module, I have played it but haven't finished it and it is done very good. I will have to see if there is more but it might be not except maybe Night Below module if there is one I think it might be.

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »
In addition to those mentioned by Milos these should get you started:

AT1: Dark Alliances
The Curse of the Fire Dragon
Challenge of the Grey Company
Hearkenwold
Hillsfar
Neverwinter Nights - Offline
Queen of the Demonweb Pits
Quest for the Diamond Blade
Adventures In Tethyr
The Sect

Also, check the module listing at http://frua.rosedragon.org/modulelist/file.php. The field named "# of
Dun" should give you an idea of the size of the modules.
And I suggest reading the reviews before playing.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
Wow it seems I will run Ruins of Greyhawk Castle on tabletop, now that might be interesting. Btw also Ruins of adventure, that one is nice campaign and it is I guess Pool of Radiance Ad&d module.

Offline Draugr

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 01:28:17 AM »
Thanks for the tips. I have pretty much no exp with Castle Greyhawk, but will definitely check it out now. I remember some of the pen and paper modules back in the day, but I never played them.

I wonder if Castle Greyhawk was Gygax's answer to was it Castle Blackwood that Dave Aarnson released first?

Anyhow I was hoping to find an Undermountain module or Castle Blackmoor, but hopefully Castle Greyhawk will fit my needs.

Thanks again!

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 09:07:41 AM »
Note that Castle Greyhawk is a rather silly adventure, but in a good way.
It also feels a bit disjointed since each level (of the paper module) was made by different people.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 11:26:27 AM »
WG7 - Castle Greyhawk is a parody dungeon full of pop culture references
WGR1 - Greyhawk Ruins is a serious version of Castle Greyhawk that details all of the dungeon levels: the 10-level Tower of Power and Tower of War and the 6-level Tower of Zagig
Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk - Is an expansion of WGR1, updated to 3.5 edition
Castle Zagyg: Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg: The Upper Works were released for Castles & Crusades but only include the surface and the first dungeon level

Three first edition modules are sub-levels of Castle Greyhawk. The portals which take you to each of them are found in WRG1.
EX1 - Dungeonland
EX2 - The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror
WG6 - Isle of the Ape

Rob Kuntz has published three more sub-levels of the original Castle Greyhawk.
Garden of the PlantMaster
The Living Room
Bottle City
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 08:28:58 AM »
Yes all that Nol Drek said stands. It seems I will start table top role play it and also continue my Roll20.net campaign, hoping to make DC version too :). That is first that Polihedron magazine module Greyhawk Adventure I already made for DC then I will try Greyhawk Castle again. Hmmm I hope I will have strenght to do it completely :) and that means I will need to learn more about GH and its dieties.

Sorry for a bit short answer, as I am on dinner break, ten more days then I am hoping to start having more free time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:31:25 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Null Null

• Maker of excessively difficult vanilla mods
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 03:52:16 PM »
At the risk of sounding self-serving, I could pitch my own Vanilla Dungeon. 10 levels, all connected, uses every monster in default FRUA, and  no mucking about with hacks ;)

anything