Author Topic: The CRPG Book Project: Anyone interested in helping out with a FRUA review?  (Read 994 times)

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
You might already have heard about Felipe Pepe's CRPG Book Project which is dedicated to the history of CRPGs and aims to assemble articles by passionate, volunteering experts on all the classics (2 pages per game, I think), to share as a free pdf with RPG aficionados all over the web (AFAIK). Felipe, the editor, has contacted me via the GOG forum about a contribution on FRUA, a short review with recommendations of modules. He suspected I was knowledgable enough to do it, but I don't think I'd have the time and energy to do it at the moment, and I thought maybe some of the veterans here might be even better suited for the task, if they can spare the time.

So would anyone be interested in writing a FRUA article for that CRPG anthology? Or do we already have a fitting review somewhere in the UANLs or forum sections that Felipe could use? Or that we could use as a base to expand upon? If no single person wants to do it on their own, maybe it could become a communtiy project, too? In any case, here's our chance to have FRUA be part of that book and be presented by people who know what they're talking about from experience.

Offline Milos Gulan

This looks very interesting, I hope we can work something for it.

Offline Milos Gulan

I mean I am able to work on it after summer, for now I am busy but will try to contribute as much as I can and would like to see it finished, though I am sure that there are people who would do it better then me as they have more experience with FRUA.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Is noone apart from Milos interested in this, not even in commenting on it, or is everyone on vacation right now?  :o

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
I've followed the development of this book for a long time over on RPG Codex.  I was hoping someone knowledgeable would step forward and devote a little time to it.  I don't have time to do it myself.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline PetrusOctavianus

I'd do it, but I only have experience with FRUA as a gamer, not as a modder.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Maybe the group of us could come up with something?

Are there any articles already written in the UANLs or here on the forums that might be helpful?

Offline hans

Maybe the group of us could come up with something?

Are there any articles already written in the UANLs or here on the forums that might be helpful?

Perhaps the UA Wiki might provide a good foundation: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Realms:_Unlimited_Adventures 
I forget who put this together, tho.  :-[

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Is anyone working on this? I have considered volunteering to write the review, but only if someone else hasn't already done so.

Offline Milos Gulan

I was thinking to do so, but I am relatively new to FRUA, and would like to someone more experienced do that. What I could say anytime is that I am more then happy that I found it and just a possibility to play all those Ad&d designs is just great.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Is anyone working on this? I have considered volunteering to write the review, but only if someone else hasn't already done so.

Not to my knowledge. I think you would be the perfect fit!  :)

anything