Author Topic: Distributing DC Modules  (Read 1194 times)

Online Milos Gulan

Re: Distributing DC Modules
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 03:05:42 PM »
I don't know much about it all, but I was thinking about RPG online engines like Roll20.net I doubt they had asked for all those games to be played there.

Here is another link that might be useful http://broom02.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Open%20gaming
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 03:22:35 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 06:28:57 PM »
Dungeon Craft works under the GNU license. We won't be switching to the OGL license.
Hasbro has been very nice to ignore any hobnyists giving away stuff. They do not take kindly to people trying to make money off of their licensed products without receibing a cut of the money.
Additionally, I readily allow my stuff to be used for all as long as they are not making a buck off of it; which includes my art work and my scripts. I don't know how Paul, Ricahrd, Dinonykos and Uatu feel about their work.
If someone wants to use my stuff, they should contact me and I would do unique art/scripts for them for a fee.
If they are selling for $0.00, not sure how Hasbro feels -- are there other Hasbro licensed games on Steam? I know that Warner and Disney allow hobbyists to make fan art (no fees), but if you "sell for free" on a service they might use, they force you to take it down.

Online Milos Gulan

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 09:00:48 AM »
That sounds good, meaning we can play Ad&d with DC.

For me I might be interested in commercial use of DC, if I can modify it to fit my own RPG rules, that I first need to publish and test. I am hoping that I will be able to make it (again) and my plan is to make RPG books and publish them (if I could make it in 2 years it would be good), then maybe try to make DC version that would fit for playing in my own RPG system and world depending if I will be able to do it, if not I will try to make something on my own whatever that might be.

I would like maybe to include some other artists art from this forum in my own version of DC :) but that yet has to be seen, but whatever happens I am thankful to God that I have met Manikus and other creative people here and learned a lot from them (and surely will try to help them in any way I can because of it) and maybe one day I might make my own dream real and that is having my own RPG site, rules and program for playing it, though for this last I will have to learn to make programs first and I am still not sure if I will be able to do it.

Idealy my RPG should mostly be free (or something similar though I doubt I would be able to make a lot money for it if any at all) and lately I have switched to Linux Ubuntu and started learning Blender and hoping to learn Unity too and maybe try making game on my own. Sad thing is that in my country usual pay is 300e and those that have it are lucky, so I will have to work and do what I can, meaning I am hoping that I will be able to finish at least my books then I will see about making some program for it. I am still hoping that I might go with some modification of DC and I am hoping that it is ok thing to do it, though not being able to do it might be a problem so I might just try doing something more simple that I actualy can do :).