Author Topic: TLB Animation or Color Cycle to Animated GIF  (Read 853 times)

Offline Mordant

TLB Animation or Color Cycle to Animated GIF
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »
Does anyone know if any of the FRUA utilities out there will convert animated or color cycling TLB files into a more easily manipulated file format, such as animated GIF for instance.

Or is there a way to get them out of the DAX files as an animation?

I love Gold Box Explorer, but it breaks apart DAX animations into their component frames. I tried reassembling them, but could only guess at the intervals between frames. Sometimes it seems the delay between some frames are longer than others, or a single frame is repeated to give that illusion. I'd really like to get the animations out intact.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:57:10 PM by Mordant »

Offline Mechanaut

Re: TLB Animation or Color Cycle to Animated GIF
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »
Dead thread,  I know, but for anyone interested, DOSbox does record AVI video, and that can be converted to Gif by some tools; and/or extracted to frames by other tools. 

Example: Phlan Deluge

Six frames/color changes. Recorded in DOSbox, I used Jasc Animation-Shop to make it a Gif,
but VirtualDub could also have exported a Gif, and Irfanview could have extracted the frames for use in other tools.

The advantage of Animation-Shop is that it will evaluate the frame intervals when it imports the AVI; (and so will Adobe:Imageready, if you have it).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:12:47 PM by Mechanaut »

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »
That is awesome

I always liked the FRUA pixel art. The color cycling, moving, and morphing art even more so.

TY for giving us another way to copy these

ST

Offline Mordant

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 03:14:38 PM »
So you have to get to the point in the game where you can see these, then record them?

Offline Mechanaut

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 11:41:10 PM »
Either that, or one can view them in the FRUA Art Gallery tool.