Author Topic: Towers of Magic  (Read 11444 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Towers of Magic
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2017, 12:47:40 AM »
I have recovered my lost evil NPC portraits and icons from 1024x768 mod and corrected things, and good thing is that I saved a lot of time not having to do it from start.

Now I was thinking to add them to town encounters. Probably will have one with full party and few with low level mosters lead by one of the evil NPCs.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #256 on: April 08, 2017, 11:05:50 AM »
I have made first template for any character with portrait, meant to be used with any NPC that I don't have sprite or portrait for. Maybe I should make icon too, but here is what I have for now.

Offline Kaz-Keith

« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »
This is an awesome-clever idea there Milos!

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM »
Thank You very much. Here is the icon too, it works good only that it seems there is a bug with a club as it seems there is a problem with attacking with it so NPCs just guard instead. In editor in Weapon type it stands hand held, thrown and that is probably a mistake. Will need to submit bug :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #259 on: April 09, 2017, 03:32:09 AM »
This is an awesome-clever idea there Milos!

To be honest, I have not yet understood the idea. Or is it that the face of the NPC is not visible so that you can use different protraits with him?

In any case, the different "zooms" to the character in the portrait, sprite and icon look very convincing!  :D
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #260 on: April 09, 2017, 11:42:54 AM »
Yes that is the idea. I need one or more universal looking sprites that I can use any portraits with. I probably will do one more female and maybe one monster like characters, maybe even classes to like for example universal looking wizard.

That is just idea for now :) we will see how it will develop but for example this portrait and that sprite should be usable with any portrait like this one. In DC You would first see sprite shown above then some text with this (or any other) portrait

anything