Author Topic: FR 2e HUB: Forgotten Realms, 2nd Edition for Dungeon Craft  (Read 6415 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Forgotten Realms, 2nd Edition for Dungeon Craft
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »
I think we may perhaps be bumping up a bit against the language barrier, because my point is that Uatu's style canNOT be rendered, it is pixel art. If it were rendered art, I'm quite capable of producing some decent images. ;)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 07:04:16 AM »
I stand corrected. :) I wonder why they changed the branding for this one setting? All of the al Qadim supplements have no mention on the cover of being part of the Forgotten Realms setting.
Can you point me to one of the supplements so I can read up on this?

Not a supplement, but a wiki page that could help you:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Al-Qadim
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
I stand corrected. :) I wonder why they changed the branding for this one setting? All of the al Qadim supplements have no mention on the cover of being part of the Forgotten Realms setting.
Can you point me to one of the supplements so I can read up on this?

Thanks, Ben. I think I have seen this before, and probably even bookmarked it - only so it can get buried in the thousands of other pages that I never put into categories. :D :D :D

Offline lwwz

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »

Wow! I had no idea wikia.com had that and I've worked here almost 4 years!  That's the problem with having over 450,000 wiki's...  Oh well, happy my platform is useful for this community too!  ;D

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »
I must apologize for not having done more art for this project...  Maybe I will do some icons/small pics for deities or the like.

Al-Qadim and Kara-Tur are interesting "sub-campaigns" of the Forgotten Realms, along with some other pseudo-historical regions like Maztica (South America), the Horde (Mongolian Steppe), Chult (Africa), and Mulhorand (Egypt).  I perhaps prefer some fantasy-based sub-campaigns instead, though, like the Sea of Fallen Stars (underwater campaign).  Menzoberranzan is also well-liked, I think (everyone likes dark elves!).
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
I was hoping to have this pretty close to done for version 1.0, but we've changed enough since I started on this that I have to go back through everything in the item, monster and spell databases.

Thanks to everyone who has provided links and the content at said links. :D I will keep working on this, you can be sure. Not just because I am planning on using it as a base (but that certainly doesn't hurt), but I would like to give a setting specific alternative for use in DC. :)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 06:05:44 PM »
1.0 is out...but I'm not really any closer to being done. I've done a bunch of work, but it's all been adding things that changed in the databases.

Along the way, I made a decision. Per Faiths & Avatars, I've added Crusaders, Monks, Mystics and Shamans. I may add some specialty versions of these (for specific deities). Actually, I'm finished with the four new baseclasses.

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »
Quote from: Manikus
I'm finished with the four new baseclasses.

Now that is confidence.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
Quote from: Manikus
I'm finished with the four new baseclasses.

Now that is confidence.

Not the "these are perfect" kind of finished. ;) Think more along the lines of "1.0" kind of finished.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 04:40:49 PM »
So much for baseclasses being done...
I decided that all of the "dead" deities should have their specialty priests listed. While doing that, I decided that I should do all of the  non-Faerun pantheons. Then I decided I should do the remaining non-human pantheons.
So, I am trying to add all of the specialty priests from Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Deities.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 10:48:40 PM »
Well, for this proeject, I am not looking for rendered art - I"m looking for pixel style that would look similar to Uatu (which I am unable to do myself at this time).

I think most of us are unable to do pixel style art similar to the work of Uatu.  I wish I knew how to replicate that style.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »
Well, for this proeject, I am not looking for rendered art - I"m looking for pixel style that would look similar to Uatu (which I am unable to do myself at this time).

I think most of us are unable to do pixel style art similar to the work of Uatu.  I wish I knew how to replicate that style.

Me too. I can do touching up and some easy stuff. :D

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »
Aw, it's not hard.  Maybe I'll put up a step-by-step description of the process for one of my subsequent combat icons (a small one, they are easier!).  Then you'll all be able to do it, too!  :D

It's a lot easier than 3D rendering, that's for sure!
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 08:42:44 AM »
Aw, it's not hard.  Maybe I'll put up a step-by-step description of the process for one of my subsequent combat icons (a small one, they are easier!).  Then you'll all be able to do it, too!  :D

It's a lot easier than 3D rendering, that's for sure!

I actually feel half0way competent for doing humanoids, its everything else. :D I would love to see a step-by-step of your process.

There actually aren't a whole lot of monsters that need icons for this project as I shaped mylist towards the art that exists. There are a whole bunch of demons that need icons, the jann and wemic definitely need them.
Really what I need to do are start making bunches and bunches of human and demi-human icons - it seems odd to have like 200  types of clerics and only about 3 icons. And I'm using specialty paladins and rangers and druids, too. So, yeah. I guess I better get to work.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »
I actually feel half0way competent for doing humanoids, its everything else. :D I would love to see a step-by-step of your process.

Uatu has nice step-by-step examples on his homepage ("Drawing Dungeon Craft Art with Microsoft Paint")...
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE