Author Topic: Milos Gulan's DC Art Resources  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Milos Gulan's DC Art Resources
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2016, 03:56:11 AM »
Yes, they are. Reason is those border of the sprites are mixed with green background and show green on the picture so I need to darken them. I use dark grey for now instead of black that I did before. I was thinking about shadow for sprites, I have seen others are doing it but for now I will leave it without and might add it later if I decide it is needed.

I am not sure if it is the best option like I do now yet (that is partial border dark grey and without shadow), but I am hoping that I will improve. Any comments are welcome. Next I will try using already made sprites like guard, goblin and cobold before creating more. I still need to do background sprite for this one before it will be completed. But now need to see a friend before I start doing rendering.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »
I was thinking about black border maybe it could be replaced with other better colour also I could add shadow. I will have to try it in the future, but for now I better concentrate on creating of my design.

Here is back sprite of barmaid, I think I will have to do another one for second Inn I will work on but for now to Guildhouses.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2016, 02:56:12 PM »
Are you outlining by hand? If so, sample the color right next to where you are going to ouline and then make a darker version of that color - eg: grey for the dress and brown for the hair and red for the skin, etc.

Also something to consider are the relative sizes - look at the three front wall views, the middle wall is 3/7th of the close wall, and the far wall is 1/3rd of the middle wall.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2016, 03:12:20 PM »
Thank You, Yes I am doing it by the hand and yes I might try doing that :) it will look better.

I am not sure that I know what is three front wall view. Sorry :) I have seen walls but not sure that I understand :/

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2017, 07:04:55 AM »
All Right :) I am trying to set things up with DS and it is going nicely. I will be able to transfer morphs between Genesis figures from now on and that is what is new and probably will try working on it more. I have invested some money into all of it and I still miss lots of things but I am hoping that I will be able to work better. I still prefer to use DS and maybe one day I will switch to Unity if I learn to script good as it seems to have really good tools as for example AGFPRO.

But for now DS... Mostly I am using G4 and G5 figures but slowly trying to get up to G6 and even G7...