Author Topic: Questions about DC  (Read 14258 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Questions about DC
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2014, 06:47:50 PM »
I need to know difference between Door and Overlay, and what does that option Blend Overlay means and what about Blend amount. And what is that Format of Selected wall Slot? Also what is Custom area view art option, what does it change. Sorry for asking a bit more but i am really curious to know the difference between Doors and Overlay.

Also i did some barrels today i guess that is overlay though i made it as wall with Wall art tool (it seems i can't make overlay with it and i am not sure for the format of it, i am suspecting that it is the same as wall). Question about that is because sides of barrel don't look so good when in adventuring mode (when i turn to right or left) i was thinking to manualy change those sides to look better (they look a bit bad just moved to 45 angle). So i was thinking to add just one barrel to the sides to look better. Is this good thing to do as i will have manualy to do it but i think result might be better. I think Dinonikous did something like that with his walls as they seems very finely tuned. So what are my chances to make my walls better if i decide to work on them more?

Here is my barrels btw, those sides doesn't looks so convincing in the game.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2014, 08:36:44 PM »
I need to know difference between Door and Overlay, and what does that option Blend Overlay means and what about Blend amount.

Overlays are used for wall decorations: torches, windows, levers, tapestries, etc.

Doors, on the other hand, are used for doors.

A wall can have both a door and an overlay. The door can be placed on top of or beneath the overlay. Doors show up on the area map, while overlays do not.

An overlay can be blended into the wall, which is what "Blend Overlay" means. The amount of blending is specified by the "Blend Amount". A blend amount of 0 makes the overlay opaque (which means you can't see through it at all) while a blend amount of 255 makes the overlay invisible (which means you can see through it really well). Numbers in between 0 and 255 have an effect in between. It behaves like an alpha channel.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
Ok thanks :) now i understand. I will have to try to see how it works though.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2015, 02:16:43 AM »
I have a question. Is there a way for DC to check if there is one character in party or more. My plan is to add one monster (random preferably) per character. Is that possible?

Btw if Steve can prepare and send me that doors I would be really grateful, I am missing those parts for making walls?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »
I have a question. Is there a way for DC to check if there is one character in party or more. My plan is to add one monster (random preferably) per character. Is that possible?

Btw if Steve can prepare and send me that doors I would be really grateful, I am missing those parts for making walls?

There is a function specially for this:

$PARTYSIZE(  )

You will need to write a script to use this, of course.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »
Ok, that is a good answer for now, I will ask for more probably later. Just for info i was today to go to see things for my beach it will go to auction and if i get it i will have to prepare everything till 1.may and work there till Septemeber. I expect to be able to work with DC on my older Lap Top so I was thinking what to do with my mod. I will need to redo it :D lets hope I can make it good.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
I just have one question for now is it possible to save journal in txt file maybe?

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2015, 05:59:53 PM »
I just have one question for now is it possible to save journal in txt file maybe?

If you mean the Journal Event, no. If you mean including a txt file that you can refer the player to, than if you want to you can put one in.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2015, 02:38:00 AM »
I thought about listing all journal entries from game session into one txt file. Or any other way to have it saved, idealy it would be in text format.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
I thought about listing all journal entries from game session into one txt file. Or any other way to have it saved, idealy it would be in text format.

I think that you misunderstand how the Journal works in DC. It is something the designer creates to show to the player, not something that DC generates during play.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2015, 03:00:42 PM »
Yes I know but for example I am playing and during session DC makes journal of things that happened. Lets say:
Party visited store, fought goblins, won silver dagger.

I want that journal output in txt :) Is that possible or something else that might be close to text.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »
Yes I know but for example I am playing and during session DC makes journal of things that happened. Lets say:
Party visited store, fought goblins, won silver dagger.

I want that journal output in txt :) Is that possible or something else that might be close to text.

Dude - DC does not make a Journal. The messages that appear on screen are not a journal, they're just informing you of what happened.

As the designer, you can create Journal Events. That is not what you are talking about apparently.

It seems you are asking for a NEW feature - one which exports all or selected text from each gaming session into an external file to be read by a different program.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »
That is right :) I need that. I am not asking for it but would like to have it.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »
Ok I have another question, I am in a bit of hurry so please forgive my mistakes. I am trying to make food items that heal HPs to entire party. How that can be done?

I have tired with special event, problem is I need to be usable only once but Special item stays there and can be usable only once and it seems it can't be droped though there is an option in editor for that.

If I make it an ordinary item I can equip it but there is no option to use it. Please help if possible, I am running out of ideas. Here are screenshots, I am going out of town I hope to continue later to work on this.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
The default datbases already have several examples of things like this for you to use. :)

Look at the healing potion. This potion restores lost HP to the person that "Use"s it. You could very easily modify the spell attached (or better yet, copy it with a slightly different name to attach to another item) - the only change would be to affect the whole party instead of just affecting self.

anything