Author Topic: "Winter" mod contestants...???  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: "Winter" mod contestants...???
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 05:34:11 AM »
I was sick for over a week and couldn't finish anthing for the contest. :(

But I'll try and complete the game anyway.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
"Helmetlands: Cold Trail" can be downloaded at:

http://dhost.info/dinonykos/pagecldt.html
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline hans

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »
I was sick for over a week and couldn't finish anthing for the contest. :(

But I'll try and complete the game anyway.

That's the spirit!   ;D 

I've finished the music for my Yuki-Onna mod, but I've still got 8 or 9 combat icons, some sprites, lotsa pics, and a title sequence needed to be done.  I'm pretty certain I won't make the grace period deadline, but I'm going to keep working, too.

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
Here is my second winter contest entry. Basically made in 4 days, I really wanted to use images I scanned and Nol Dreks combat icons. Though the first two combats are easy, the others may still kill you. I won the final battle only 1 in 4 times. It should take 1-2 hours. I have a save game so you can start without having to spend time making characters. They aren't important to the story. Make your own if you want.

Word of advice: don't waste the arrows you have on the first two battles. There are no replacements for them in the game. Once gone they are gone.

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »
I just uploaded my biggest and winteriest module to rosedragon. The Retracting Ice. I've been playtesting for five days. Almost got everything checked out. Hopefully it has no bugs, but I ran out of time. As a module which can take more than two hours it had to be uploaded by midnight on the 31st of January. I had 10 minutes to spare. If there are any bugs I missed I can't fix them until 1 March.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »
Man, I don't even get my one contest entry done, and you made three.  :confused2:
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 10:16:31 AM »
Man, I don't even get my one contest entry done, and you made three.  :confused2:
Probably four if I finish my Yuki-On-Na/Wu Jen design. I also had a western design and a Gamma World design planned. I decided not to continue them for now at least. Want to start converting my own campaign world to FRUA, finish OA1 and Tidal Force and playtest my four designs I uploaded on 31 December to make sure the bugs are ironed out..

I think I have half the text of Yuki-On-Na/Wu Jen written. I might be able to finish that in a day or two if I don't loose the power due to icy rain or have to keep shoveling the driveway. I'll probably finish it in a week.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 12:36:57 AM »
My design is a non-design :(  Well, I will still work on it, anyway, although I have no idea when I will finish :D  (But sooner than later, I hope.)
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »
My design is a non-design :(  Well, I will still work on it, anyway, although I have no idea when I will finish :D  (But sooner than later, I hope.)
If you can't finish before March a preview would still get it listed in UANL 45.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
Hmm - what constitutes "a preview?"

My problem with making designs (okay, okay, I have more than one problem) is that I tend to start from scratch each time I reconvene on working on one...

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 09:39:10 PM »
Hmm - what constitutes "a preview?"

My problem with making designs (okay, okay, I have more than one problem) is that I tend to start from scratch each time I reconvene on working on one...
The name of the design, any images you don't think gives away the plot (I usually use titles), and whatever you want to tell about the design. Where it is set, how many characters may you use, etc.

I finished writing the text for Wu Jen and may have it done by sunday.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »
Wow - that is fast work...  I am very much a newbie at actually constructing designs (I just do lots of art :) ), so I can hardly estimate any timeframe in which I will be finished by...

(By the way, "Wu Jen" (Wade-Giles old-style romanization of Chinese) is now spelled as "Wuren" in pinyin :D  The latter is a bit better, as it sounds a bit more like what the actual word sounds like.)

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 07:41:54 AM »
Only a few days left for official entries. I'm playtesting Wu Jen myself. All unofficial entries by 29 February will get honorable mentions.  ;D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 07:28:46 AM »
Am I right that we will have 4 or 5 entries by Feb 21st - but from 2 people only? Or is somebody out there working on a top secret entry who has not revealed her/himself until now?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »
Not me.  :(

From what I gather hans and Ben J are also working on entries but won't quite make it to the deadline, and Uatu, too, but with no promise of releasing his anytime soon.

anything