Author Topic: Finally got OAUAv1.3 working  (Read 1107 times)

Offline vaustein

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 40
Finally got OAUAv1.3 working
« on: July 09, 2011, 11:32:45 PM »
It took several attempts, but I finally managed it. I followed the oasetup.txt instructions verbatim but couldn't run oa-td1 without getting an error message. The point of failure was running oapat13 in order to patch ckit: 64-bit Windows refuses to execute oapat13 and running it within Dosbox doesn't work, either. However, I got the idea to do the patching on a 32-bit Windows computer. Success!  8)

I'm looking forward to playing some OAUA mods. Previously, my only exposure to OA / Kara-Tur was the printed module "Mad Monkey vs. the Dragon Claw". I would be really pleased to learn that MMvDC had been converted to FRUA... ;)

Offline hans

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2672
Re: Finally got OAUAv1.3 working
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
I'm looking forward to playing some OAUA mods. Previously, my only exposure to OA / Kara-Tur was the printed module "Mad Monkey vs. the Dragon Claw". I would be really pleased to learn that MMvDC had been converted to FRUA... ;)
 

Sorry to disappoint you.  The only mods done for OAUA, so far, have been by myself and Darius Whiteheart, and we both have stuck to original tales.  Darius writes more mainstream than I, but I hope that my stuff won't put you off.  I'd start with Darius, tho, as I can't imagine anyone not enjoying his two episodes. 

I'm hoping that other authors will contribute to OAUA.  IIRC, most if not all of the early Kara-Tur p&p modules were ULed by WotC in PDF format for free downloads.  So, there should be no shortage of source material for aspiring OAUA authors... 

 

anything