Author Topic: STICKY: Collected Knowledge on Wallsets and Backdrops (incl. TLB collection)  (Read 18361 times)

Offline Ishad Nha

SSI computer game Stone Prophet was set in the Ravenloft realm of Har'akir, which is based upon ancient Egypt. You could find all sorts of backdrops and walls there. If they can be obtained from Eye of the Beholder there should be no problem with Stone Prophet.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Requesting the four TSF wallsets that manikus posted here (with a correction here).
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Baronnecro

looking for backdrops with mountain/hill theme maybe  some wall arts also. please guys.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Look here under "Miscellaneous Program Hacks" / "Back Drops" / "Rocky". That's the only one I can think of right now as available. You'd still need to import the pcx with Toolbox, can't help you with that at the moment.

Offline Baronnecro

thank you I"m pretty sure that's exactly what I was looking for.

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Renewing my request for the TSF wallsets.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
My apologies, Ben J! I haven't forgotten, I've just been busy with other things lately and at the moment I don't have access to my own computer. But I'll eventually get to it. Thanks for your input!

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
My apologies, Ben J! I haven't forgotten, I've just been busy with other things lately and at the moment I don't have access to my own computer. But I'll eventually get to it. Thanks for your input!

No problem, Olivier. It's not urgent.

But if you find the time, I also request the GSF walls from this thread.  ;)
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
i heard there is a limit to the amount of drop tlbs in a module. I have used every wallslot except wasteland and want to use that one as well. for some odd reason EVERY time i put some wallset in there (regardless of which one) it won't fill the slot out and put my art in there. damn boulderdash and poppycock!

Are you using the TOOLBOX program?
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Baronnecro

also the darius at sea 2 on this sticky doesn't work properly. I checked it many times, and then used the one from his mod Ship of horror and it works from there. BTW the at sea 2 in his mod is marble 3.. and it works.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
i heard there is a limit to the amount of drop tlbs in a module. I have used every wallslot except wasteland and want to use that one as well. for some odd reason EVERY time i put some wallset in there (regardless of which one) it won't fill the slot out and put my art in there. damn boulderdash and poppycock!

That's odd...  ???

also the darius at sea 2 on this sticky doesn't work properly. I checked it many times, and then used the one from his mod Ship of horror and it works from there. BTW the at sea 2 in his mod is marble 3.. and it works.

Thanks for notifying me of these issues. I'll have a look at them once I'm back home and find the time to do so.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:50:39 AM by Olivier Leroux »

Offline Ishad Nha

What is missing in this article of collected knowledge about walls and backdrops is a discussion of Growwall.  How to use it, what it does, any bugs and so on.

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
There are several similar "growth" programs for FRUA. I used BACKGROW to multiply the available backdrops for "The Sect".

Maybe a separate FAQ thread on these programs would be a good idea.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
What is missing in this article of collected knowledge about walls and backdrops is a discussion of Growwall.  How to use it, what it does, any bugs and so on.

My 'article' really was just a pretense to start the TLB collection. It's meant to be enhanced by other people's knowledge on these things. If anyone would be willing to write a short paragraph about Growwall or anything else that's missing, I'd be more than happy to add it to this sticky. Just post it here or in the other thread,

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
@Ben J: TSF walls are up!. I couldn't find GSF conversions for FRUA though. I believe the files in the thread you linked me to are all DC only?

@Baronnecro: Could you specify what exactly didn't work properly with the "At Sea 2" TLB that's offered here? I'm curious to find out what went wrong, if anything went wrong with it.

BTW, Kaz-Keith's old mountain wallset & backdrops have been added to the wilderness section. I'm not happy with slots 2-4 of the wallset though, if anyone has a suggestion on how to make them more useful, let's hear it! (I'm not offering to create new walls for it, so unless you can provide me with new walls I'm looking for suggestions on what parts of other wallsets could be combined with the crag & creeper wallset).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:39:26 PM by Olivier Leroux »

anything