Author Topic: PREVIEW: Olivier Leroux's Adventures in the Wonderful World of DC  (Read 3121 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: PREVIEW: Olivier Leroux's Adventures in the Wonderful World of DC
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »
I thought someone already converted all the UA walls to DC?  I could be wrong (I don't have them installed, so I don't know for sure). 
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 10:51:09 AM »
I thought someone already converted all the UA walls to DC?  I could be wrong (I don't have them installed, so I don't know for sure). 

Could be true, like I said I don't have a clue either.  :)

At this stage, it seems still a little difficult to get an overview of what's there and what's not, since the available files are scattered all over the internet, some are on rosedragon, others only on the various websites of the artists.

Something else I'd welcome in the final DC release: A filing system that prevents the design folder from being too cluttered and allows a quick overview over the changes, e.g. folders for WALLS, MONSTER ICONS, PC ICONS, PORTRAITS, SMALL PICS, TITLE PICS, BACKGROUND SCREENS & FRAME etc. It would be even better if DC automatically accessed the appropriate folders. So if I want to add a new wall graphic, DC opens the WALL folder for me, if I want to add a new icon, DC opens the ICON folder and so on. I'd just have to make sure I copy new graphics into the right folders.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »
The biggest issue I have is that if you use a pic for an event (like a character pic in the Text Statement Event), you have to continually find that pic over and over again.  The game keeps jumping back to the design directory each time...and the pic I'm using isn't in there...which begs the question: will it show up in the final game?
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
The biggest issue I have is that if you use a pic for an event (like a character pic in the Text Statement Event), you have to continually find that pic over and over again.  The game keeps jumping back to the design directory each time...and the pic I'm using isn't in there...which begs the question: will it show up in the final game?

I'd presume it won't if it's not in the design folder, at least not on other people's computers... But that's kind of what I mean. And it's an even bigger problem if the design folder is cluttered with all kinds of files using different naming conventions.  :(

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »
If you keep looking for the same picture, saving your work will save a copy to your design folder. Otherwise you have to keep looking in the other location.

All walls, small pics, big pics, sprites, maps, icons, combat walls and combat wildernesses have been converted to DC and are available at Rosedragon (and probably at the new yet as un-nicknamed site).

anything