Author Topic: Adding Wall Art & Background Art  (Read 89 times)

Offline StultusTemporis

Adding Wall Art & Background Art
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:31:40 PM »
Hello,

Just so you know, it is possible to create default wall/backdrop slots that appear for each new level.

For Walls:

Go into the resources folder.

Make a copy of the wall and thumbnail you want for the specific slot

Make a copy of any doors and the appropriate thumbnail you want for the specific slot

Make a copy of any overlays and the appropriate thumbnail you want for the specific slot

Rename the copy of the wall wa_wallX where X is the slot number.  Rename the copy of the thumbnail wa_wallX_thumb.

For doors, rename the door dr_doorX and the thumbnail dr_doorX_thumb

For overlays, rename the overlay ov_overlayX and the thumbnail ov_overlayX_thumb.

Repeat for each slot.  Remember to keep the original file with the original name to reference when adding a custom slot for the level (if you reference the slot-specific file, you won't pull it into the new slot).  It also negates the need to delete level 1 to pull in the default art slots.

For backdrops:

Make a copy of each backdrop file

Rename the copy of the backdrop bd_BackgroundX where X is the slot of the backdrop.

(I am not certain how to auto-populate the nighttime version of the backdrop).

Note that the first slot (which should be blank by default) is slot 0, and the next slots are slot 1, slot 2, etc.

To additional default slots:

Go to config.txt

Add line "MAX_DEFAULT_ART_SLOTS = X", where X is the number of default art slots you want to load.  It can be added to the end of the default art files portion of the Editor Config section. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:16:10 PM by StultusTemporis »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Adding Wall Art & Background Art
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:27:51 AM »
Thanks for the tutorial. Maybe we should have a kind of "Tips and Tricks" section where we can put such postings.
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
Thanks for this, Stultus Temporis. :D

Imoved this post into its own thread in the FAQ section, where I think it will do more good. :)

Offline StultusTemporis

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:24:34 PM »
Wonderful.  Thank you.