Author Topic: Possible bug in the Playmovie / AVI event.  (Read 317 times)

Offline Mechanaut

Re: Possible bug in the Playmovie / AVI event.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »
There is the special graphic which can be anything, anywhere on the screen and is dynamic during play. But, it does not support animation, per se.
I was going to ask if that could be used to manually cycle animation frames via script, but I thought about it just 'painting' over the UI, and assumed that the ui would still react to mouse clicks. (Perhaps meaning the player change the selected character without realizing it.)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Possible bug in the Playmovie / AVI event.
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »

There is the special graphic which can be anything, anywhere on the screen and is dynamic during play. But, it does not support animation, per se.
I was going to ask if that could be used to manually cycle animation frames via script, but I thought about it just 'painting' over the UI, and assumed that the ui would still react to mouse clicks. (Perhaps meaning the player change the selected character without realizing it.)
You could do a manually cycled animation. You could do a chain of Text Statement events that required the player to press enter. This wouldn't mess up the game. This would allow you to do any sized images, well up to the dimensions of the screen (actually the images could be larger, but what's the point?). :)

I think it is worthwhile adding the 'animation' option to bigpics, too. I will add this to the list of feature requests.

Additionally, if you can show Paul a new way that you would like to use the special graphic, we can ask for that, too.

anything