Author Topic: Number of Images  (Read 267 times)

Offline Ray

Number of Images
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:27:52 AM »

I'm surprised that I can't find this on the forums, on the internet, or even in the guide book that came with the original UA box...

Does anybody have the number of pictures, combat icons, sprites, etc. that are in FRUA? 

Just trying to avoid going through, line by line, and counting...

I know I've seen it somewhere, but I've been looking, off and on, for a couple weeks, and I haven't been able to turn it up anywhere!

Offline Mechanaut

Re: Number of Images
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:51:34 PM »
On a technical level, do you mean only Pics, or do you include BigPics, and/or overland maps? Also do you include combat sprites, and if so, do you count them as one or two images?

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »

I want to go through my collection of images and pick out a sort of "world hack" of art for myself to use over the course of several designs.  But, I'm not sure how many slots I have for combat icons, small pics, big pics, sprites, etc. 

I know that info was broken down in at least one place, because I remember reading it.  But it's driving me crazy trying to find it.  At this point, I could have just sat down and counted them out a dozen times over...it's becoming personal to know that the information is still out there somewhere...   ;)

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 02:41:21 PM »
This may be of help:

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/uanews/nlhtm17/form.htm

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/uanews/nlhtm17/default.htm

What this is is a UANL organizational form for ALL slots for use in a module (not counting any GROWN or otherwise added ones). This way you can not only count them, but in case you use one, you can strike it from the list and keep what changes you made organized

ST

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 03:39:50 PM »

Thanks, SilentThief!  This is perfect!!!

I completely forgot about this!

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 01:41:45 AM »
glad to be of help.

ST
PS There are some really amazing FRUA articles, and a lot of them will directly apply to DC as well. Every now n then I throw them out to people to help with an issue, or related to a discussion.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:44:07 AM by SilentThief »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »
Here's a text file that I sometimes use. It tells you which slot numbers have an icon and a small pic, or an icon and a sprite, or an icon and an animated pic, or just an icon.

Sometimes I forget to use it when I'm planning, and then I end up using two separate slots for an icon and a pic, when I could have just used one slot. Now, if I could only figure out why the total number of available slots is 252 instead of 255.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:53:42 PM by Nol Drek »
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »

That is awesome, Nol,  This will not only help with planning, but when I realize that I created a giant rat in the slot that was originally a hill giant, so my giant rat has a 19 Strength no matter what I type in the stat box...this tells me which number I want edit in the Monster Editor to fix the Strength score.  Previously, I always opened the editor and then closed it, and then scanned the readout that popped up for the monster that I wanted to edit...then reopened and selected the correct creature number.

And that's on top of the fact that I've always wished I had a list the broke down these links between creatures' icons, sprites, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to upload this...love it!

anything