Author Topic: Combat problem in 1024 resoultion  (Read 847 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Combat problem in 1024 resoultion
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:09:23 AM »
I have problem in 1024 resolution, combat is just skipped and it doesn't happen. Only thing I can think of is new combat borders that are introduced lately and that I have only in 640x480 resolution. I need help with this as I have done new 1024 walls and backdrops and everything seems to be good until I have started playing and tried to fight some monsters. Here is more and download link with my latest version 1024 of design Towers of Magic http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2881.msg45599#new

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: Combat problem in 1024 resoultion
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 08:07:02 AM »
What version of the editor are you using?
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:46:12 AM »
I updated it yesterday to version 2.33 and saved my design with it. I am not sure if combat worked with previous version 2.31 I used but it is possible though I don't remember that I tested combat in 1024 resolution.

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 12:45:30 PM »
combat is just skipped and it doesn't happen.

My two cents worth......inflation, you know.

Sometimes it helps to look in the engine error log
when things go wrong.  Occasionally it will provide
a useful hint.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 09:09:25 PM »
I only asked because there were some versions released that would cause issues with combat in my converted FRUA module similar to what you have described. 

Also: do what Paul says.  That's the fastest way to your answer.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 06:21:39 AM »
Ok thanks for help. I have been able to locate the problem and fix it, dungeon combat art was missing.

But now it can be seen what I also miss and that is 1024x768 combat borders and config.txt setup for combat and I will not be able to make it without help, probably Manikus is still working on that. Please let me know if that is maybe already done. Here is the screenshot how it looks like, I really would like to make it work :) and play :D

Thanks a lot for help, You guys are greatest. I probably should now try to make site to post my creation and make my walls and backdrops for all 3 resolution available for download.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 06:36:26 AM »
One more thing, sorry for double post but I think it is needed. I had a problem with DC crashing and corrupting game.dat (data folder of ToM design). Lucky that I have backup version that I have uploaded on site else I would lost all my work probably. It happened while I played DC and also DC Editor was started and in memory. I tried closing it, probably while saving or something like that but it has been frozen for a moment and I think I have closed it from Windows Task Manager. Then after I couldn't start my design at all in editor, it reported that it game.dat file is bad, I tried to copy it from my 640 version of ToM but it said that it has some problem with Starting level and it all didn't looked good. Then I went for online backup and made things work again.

This is not first time it happened to me, but before it usualy states that config.txt is missing. Now I made a backup copy of all of my works and will be more careful with backuping.

Also one more thing that happened before is that when I use DC Editor with usb flash disk and unplug disk from lap top when I return it DC Editor used to crash, but now it works good and I can actualy remove usb flash disk and return it and continue to work in editor. I guess that is good improvement though I am not sure how it happened :)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:43:13 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 06:27:34 PM »
This seems to have been resolved, yes?

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 01:08:41 AM »
Yes, but only thing I am having problem now with is in 1024 resolution is size of combat screen as it seems a bit too small and it shows up only in upper right corner and before if I remember good it worked on all screen and it was my favorite look of combat screen.

I hope this can be fixed soon, here is the screenshot, I think I have opened a thread for this but I can't find it now.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 02:32:03 PM »
This is completely scripted now. :)
Look in the confi.txt file, and you can change the vlaues there.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 02:45:41 PM »
Ok, Thank You :)