Author Topic: Newbie Questions 'The Realm'  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Ray

Re: Newbie Questions 'The Realm'
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
(I tried playing first newest adventures [Thunder Rift Series] but I still haven't sorted them and saw that Ray doesn't have info about them on site either)...

Hey, Milos!

There is info on the Thunder Rift adventures over at The Realm.  I'm attaching a screen cap with some ugly, clumsy highlighting so you can see where the link is to reach that section of the site.

Hope Veiled Society stays fun for you.  There are some clunky elements in that one, mostly around keeping the rigid time-structure of the printed module.  I like the way that one turned out, but there are a lot of opportunities for things to go off the rails, too.  So...while I think it's a lot of fun, I wouldn't hold it up as an example of my finest work.

Fun anecdote--in the original draft, the main bad guy somehow ended up with Bulette Bonus Attacks.  Needless to say, my poor playtesting group (and back then a group of us used to playtest together) died horribly...and several times over...before we figured out why the bad guy was getting, like six attacks and killing the whole party in one round...

So...it's better than it was originally, I guess...  :D

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Newbie Questions 'The Realm'
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »
Another missed educational opportunity... *sigh*

You can only teach those who wish to learn...

I am willing to learn lol just that I have 20 years to catch up. This module is really good and was made before 20 years ago :). Thanks Ray for info, great work there, list is really great and I will try to play as much as I can. I have finished this module and will try to play Keep on the borderlands again tomorrow. I will write review soon and this is my 2nd try to play this module too. It is really great, masterfuly done... my only wish was that there was some introductory combat at start or few, as I was waiting for too long for some real action. But after the night fell things started to be a lot more interesting and after was really great. I will try writing review now :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:16:36 PM by Milos Gulan »

anything