Author Topic: Towers of Magic  (Read 17405 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Towers of Magic
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2017, 03:01:18 PM »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2017, 02:52:26 AM »
I should be back on working on this soon. Right now I am trying to sort my new DS content and was thinking how good it would be to team up with someone like Dynonikos and Uatu did :) Anyway newest pictures, I will try to make something like this in the game but for now I better be doing my sprites and icons :). I wish I could do that modern mod I was thinking about but for now I will just leave it as it is ;D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »
Here is what I was working till now, but it is time to rest, but I think I am back finaly to DC, installed latest versions and will try to work more tomorrow.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2017, 04:19:28 PM »
Ok, I have started VS tutorials 3 done for now.

About DS, sad thing is that finaly my computer is outdated and new figures Genesis 8 can't be used (and I have spent a lot this afternoon figuring that out). Actualy it is like with Iray they could be used but everything is too slow and my ram too low. That means I still can work nicely with 3Delight render and with up to G3 figures which is good enough, only that I will not be able to use new products from now on.

About my mod... I was today thinking how it would be good that I started with a really small town size for example of Keep on the borderlands. That inspired me to actualy use only town events and create map of continent with town events. Something like that FRUA The Realms starting map. I will need to have it. I have mapped my continent already (just basics) but I will need to convert it for DC. That is what I will have to work on. Then I can work on this larger town I have started and maybe other smaller areas too.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2017, 02:31:40 PM »
I have done water backdrops :)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #320 on: September 05, 2017, 07:23:00 AM »
Looks great!  The dark night clouds look great with the sea.
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2017, 02:44:03 PM »
Thank You, but I will have to learn to do it like this that I have seen in Veiled Society and other FRUA games. That means I will need to upen the FRUA and see how it is done there, and I will try it soon as I have got instructions from Nol Drek, thanks again for that.

I have just finished Veiled Society and started Keep on the Borderlands by Ray Dier. It looks like I have never played it but I did play another FRUA version of the same module... I have decidxed to play trough all The Realm games as they look to be good and other very good designs and lear what I can from them and probably convert what I can to DC. But more about it later. I also have returned my thoughts to Castle Greyhawk and I still wish to do it for DC, now it seems my group might play it again and they are doing good paused at Lv 4 of main tower where I threw in Black dragon to warn them about another red one :) so they returned to Keep on the borderland that I have placed on Selintan river near Greyhawk. But maybe I ewill talk about that more later too :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2017, 03:04:13 PM »
Now here is new product I have got for DS and this is how my Magic University will look like in the mod. I also have some DS programs and GenX2 convertor so I will be able to do with morphs and transfer them between G1-G3 figures once I learn how to use them but they look powerful and I expect to be able to work much better with DS from now on but it will take time for me to install and learn them for sure :)

And also I am trying to rest after 2 months of hard work on the beach, I haven't been working with my computer for that time so I am trying to do what I can now. But I still have lots to do there to clean up and close the place like it should and prepare it for winter and also next season as some preparation are starting now like moving small stoines from one side to other of the beach.

I hope I will do something on this module and upload new version soon :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:31 AM »
After some time I am hoping to continue to work more seriously on this. Right now I am doing new character sprites and portraits, I hope It will soon be finished and that I will upload new version for the weekend and maybe another male version of some rogue like character like this, it if I get it finished, but that is the plan beside playing FRUA Horror on the Hill.

For portraits, I have figured that I can do few versions as there can be many expressions but here is what I have for now, normal usual and angry expression...

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
Nice!  Several expressions can definitely make a module more fun, I think!

I have thought of doing it many times, too - but always draw new things instead...
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2017, 12:27:55 PM »
May I make a suggestion? With each expression, try changing her poser, too. That could look really good and give her a lot more character.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »
Yes indeed :D Ok I will try and I really am glad with my progress with DS, though I was thinking to get that program for portrait making that is on Steam with lots of characters done (in DS or Poser) but maybe later, I was also thinking about geting some expansions for Talisman.... Anyway here is what I have done for that character (it is something like unknown fighter female that will be used for town for any random fighter) and that is Sprites front and behind and walls but I still need to do sides of this character and will leave it for tomorrow. I was thinking how to do variations of it and well Mankius did great work with that Fighter Knight portrait, I wish I could do that but will have to think more about it, I guess it would be easier If I do that only for portrait, can't really do it for sprites and walls I guess but would be awesome...

Anyway here it goes :)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:41:54 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #327 on: September 21, 2017, 01:57:25 AM »
Ok here it goes, now there seems to be a bug there in third picture only one rogue should be visible instead of 2. That seems to be a problem and it happened with 4th smallest front picture and that is why I deleted it.

I am not sure what to do maybe it can be fixed and I can post my figure walls with all 4 pictures or this newest with only 3. but still that problem seems to exist when looking at 3rd picture and it shows double instead of one.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2017, 02:51:08 AM »
Ok now third post, but it is important :) here is my town for now, grey spaces are parks and gardens. I think it is big and I hope that I will be able to fill it (I also have plans for underground and aerial and underwater places) but as I don't have experience in modding with FRUA and DC I think I might have started a bit too big and I was thinking that I probably should have made a small town like Keep on the Borderlands first.

Anyway here it is just to be able to see and maybe to give me some ideas how to solve it eventualy :) for now I have 3 character walls there can be seen at the left entrance gate and probably will play with them a bit and add one more fighter like one, and I will have to work that port to the south (that means I will have to see how it is done in FRUA, water borders ect) and was thinking that town would look better with some trees around.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2017, 07:44:57 AM »
I have added one more character (male fighter) and I will have to upload new version soon, but I was trying to think of some quick adventures but It seems it will be hard to do for this weekend.

Good news is that I can make very nice characters with lots of portraits and well for full character with sprites I need a day or a bit more but it is workable. I can make character without hair covered with some mask or cap and then in close portrait I can show hair and do some more variations.

Right now I am trying to figure how to use this programs and printed manuals for them as I hope to be able to work better if I learn how to use them :)
https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2
https://www.daz3d.com/morph-organizer-for-daz-studio
https://www.daz3d.com/dsf-toolbox

anything