Author Topic: DEMO: Light and Dark  (Read 1952 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: DEMO: Light and Dark
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »
I have also checked the demo now and am very impressed. As I understand it, this could have already been done with earlier versions of DC via logic blocks, correct?

One problem which is similar to what I encountered at "Snow Tigress" (where I use a similar approach to make NPCs change rooms) is that if you press the look button instead of walking around, the wall change is not triggered (at least, it appeared to me to be this way...).

We have been able to do this since the new functions were released. :D

I am aware of the Look issue. If I put my brain to it, I might be able to figure out a way to script this, but I haven't figured it out yet. The current method uses a step event - which requires a step be taken for the event script to be checked.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
Yep, what I meant was that a similar effect could be reached why exchanging walls with help of logic block events. But it seems certainly more elegant the way you used.

I am aware of the Look issue. If I put my brain to it, I might be able to figure out a way to script this, but I haven't figured it out yet. The current method uses a step event - which requires a step be taken for the event script to be checked.
Yep. In "Snow Tigress", I will probably put the event chain which changes the walls also on several squares, not only in the step events. But for huge levels, such an approach would be quite annoying...
It would be great if you could find a better way.  ;D
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »
Yep, what I meant was that a similar effect could be reached why exchanging walls with help of logic block events. But it seems certainly more elegant the way you used.
That method actually might not work any more. By which I mean with the new engine. :D You could use these functions in a logic block event, certainly. I jist happen to like scripts.

Yep. In "Snow Tigress", I will probably put the event chain which changes the walls also on several squares, not only in the step events. But for huge levels, such an approach would be quite annoying...
It would be great if you could find a better way.  ;D
I suspect that I will need to ask for a new Hook to accomplish this - something like "check with every button pushed" or something like that.
The drawback (or another drawback) to using the Step Events to do this is that we only have 8, and while it is ipossible to figure out how to have unrelated things fire in the same chain, it's hard work.

anything