Author Topic: Velora Storms of Liroel - Chapter 2  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Velora Storms of Liroel - Chapter 2
« on: October 05, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
Ok here is the second chapter of my design I worked on. I am testing it here as it is not tested completely and I will work on it in the future and try to fix mistakes. Please tell if anything is not done good or if there is something You would like to see or if something could be done better :)

For now it should be played with one character made by player and all others will be added trough game (and they will be controlled by player... though it happens they turn on each other and fight but :) if it happens ignore it :)), but if player likes all party could be made though not more then 6 should be in the party at any time as it is important for adventure, and I havent yet used that script to randomly dissmis NPC/PC.

Also there is a way to skip instant to chapter 2 and then add 3rd lv characters (go to the right and help dwarves in their work) and that is ok to do if You want to quicker get to the higher level adventures but then You will have to level up Your starting character manualy. Btw all NPC's should have starting equipment and mages should have spells.

Here it is -download-, freehosted on that link but I will upload it to my site later as I can't log there now.

Also here is a song that I like just because well somehow it adds up to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgntyFtS9c
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:33:12 AM by Rainbower »

Offline Jadefang

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: Playtest: Velora - Storms of Liroel
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:24:11 AM »
Hmm 'kay, I don't actually know how to start the 2nd chapter. Finishing the 1st chapter or talking to the dwarves takes me to the place where I can auto-level etc., but from there the exit always goes to the game ending, and taking the test doesn't seem to do anything but add a special item called "1".

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
Hm yes that is true, the second chapter starts in Traders guild, there should be a Trading mission to Oerth :), that guildmaster should send You there, sorry btw there are some mistakes I didn't fixed yet, that ending game line should be explained a bit better as it was meant to be an ending game option after finishing with the saving of characters, or exporting them to other game design.

Btw there will be a problem of finding, Barge End, as I didn't pointed it good enough, and it is located near the nearest wall to the river, I don't know how to explain it better it is a big building in that river quarter shouldnt be hard to find. I will have to fix that also :). Sorry again this is first and version with mistakes so bear with it, everything else should be good.

In that version there is a one 1st lv mage without spells also, 2 portraits are not done good, and there are no spells to buy for 2nd level of magic. I fixed all that but the rest will be done soon then I will update the design hopefuly.   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:36:06 AM by Rainbower »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
Ok here it is, now it is fixed. Guild master will give You the key, and I planed to check if the player has it then to give the mission, but I still don't know how to do it :). Now everything should be good, there was a big logical problem in the game which I fixed (that with Barge End in second chapter) and now I hope everything is good, at least those main parts. I will fix other thing soon, and hopefuly make things better in the future :) I uploaded design and it can be downloaded here

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:52:02 AM »
I have uploaded design again, fixed some minor problems. Sorry this seems to have lot more errors then I expected and equipment seems to be a bit mixed up trough the shops.

Offline Jadefang

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:06:59 PM »
While you're at it, may want to fix the Temple spell choices, as some of them at the moment are a bit...odd.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 08:46:22 PM »
Sure :) interesting thing that all design is constatly changing, as I play those spells and other things are shifting it seems. Anyway I will try to make it stable and upload with all good spells and items. I did that fort before and now it seems not working good. I will fix it as soon as possible.

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 09:59:07 PM »
If you've been updating the databases as manikus posts them, this will cause it.  It won't mess up the order of special abilities, but the order of items, spells, and/or monsters will be shifted, and it can truly mess up a design.  NPC and saved character equipment and spells will also be affected.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »
Yeah that's it :) thanks for explanation. I should fix them as soon as I have some free time. Then I will do the future updates again and fix things again after some time for sure :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »
... And here it is, I fixed all temples and all shops and spaceport where now characters can be exported nicely, there are still few errors but for now those are corrected and uploaded :)

anything