Author Topic: Preview: Hotel California  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Preview: Hotel California
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
In the past I have thought it might be cool to try to make a mod using an album as the soundtrack - specifically I thought of doing a vampire mod using tracks from Fastball's The Harsh Light of Day (one of my favourite albums) - but gave up on the idea due to concerns over copyright with etc.
One possibility would be to add placeholder mp3's in you design folder, so that everybody who owns the album could just import the music files and replace the placeholders with the import files from the CD. This way, the music would be played when needed.

Another option is "citing" motives from songs in your own compositions, or making parodies of the songs.

It will be released sometime after DC hits version 1.0. Some of the recent changes in DC have made it easier to create a d20 Modern version of the game and to implement some of the special abilities which I want The Dude to have.
I am also looking forward to DC 1.0's possibilities (I think superhero powers should e.g. be easier to do), but now I am curious which abilities you mean in case of your Dude design. :)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
Re: Preview: Hotel California
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »
The Dude is digging version 0.999792 of Dungeon Craft, man. He expects to be buying a rug that really ties the room together in 14 days, when Dungeon Craft goes to version 1.0.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com