Author Topic: New Release -- TD2: Flight of Fury!‏  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Darius

• Darius' Unlimited Adventures Domain
New Release -- TD2: Flight of Fury!‏
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:55:20 AM »
After more than 3 years since my last completed module, I'm excited to announce at last the release of a new design for the Oriental Adventures Worldhack...

The Tale of Twin Dragons, Part II: Flight of Fury (oa-td2.zip)

After strange dreams and a trail of clues led you to your first taste of adventure, you and your fellow students returned to Shangtou to tragedy and sorrow. After setting things right, you steal away into the night, seeking to quench your thirst for vengeance with the black blood of your foes... 

Designed for the Oriental Adventures setting, Flight of Fury requires a fully installed OA Worldhack to run properly. Check it out today at the UA File Archive!

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/o/oa-td2.txt
http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/o/oa-td2.zip

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: New Release -- TD2: Flight of Fury!‏
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »
Yay, a new design by Darius!  :blob9:

Now I really gotta catch up on Twin Dragons Part I.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »
I'm going to play both parts in a row, one of these days. If I remember correctly, TD1 was slightly enhanced/updated with the release of the last OAUA version and I haven't checked out the new version yet.  :)

Offline Darius

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »

Hi Olivier,
Yes, you're right about that.  The updates to TD1 made use of the "towel dispute" hack and also took advantage of a trick hans came up with in using OAUA's Special Ability event to 'flag' a PC temporarily so the PC can be identified later in the story.  But the main reason was that I needed to recreate the PCs due to several updates to character advancement made in version 1.3 of the Worldhack. 

Hope you enjoy them both when you get a chance to play them!   :D

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
I assume the version available on rosedragon is the updated version?
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Darius

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 05:32:53 AM »
Hi Ben,
Yes it is -- I just checked the TXT file to confirm and I included a re-release date there in the file, so it's definitely the updated version.   ;)

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/o/oa-td1.zip

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
Thanks, Darius!  :)

I hope I'll have some free time on the weekend to play both parts in a row.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline hans

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »
Playing this makes me wish I could dive right into designing another OA mod, myself.  I think this genre most naturally lends itself to philosophy and lyricism.  I have half-a-dozen or so ideas for some, plus oneday I want to try tweaking the OA Worldhak into a more Chinese variation (Brian had said it might work if I contented myself to renaming things).  I've been in a Hong Kong movie mood, lately, watching a number of Shaw Bros. classics, so that's a big itch to resist... 

Alas, I must force myself to finish Rocco Taku's SHUA project before I consider anything else.  I've invested too much effort in it already not to. 
...This Rocco deal has become the tail wagging the dog, I think!   :angry9:   

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:07:10 PM »
I don't think I got version 1.3 to take, so I played it in version 1.2. The Enchanted Sword thing filled my inventory with weird cursed items. (I used the pregen party, even though I had finished td1 with 200 more experience and more healing potions left over.) Also, three times I trained up people dropped to 0 hit points.

I also thought it odd that I had to talk about going to the cemetery first only after I had completed all three branches, instead of right after saving the palace. After the dragon speech an unconscious person went up to 10 hit points but wouldn't regain consciousness after resting or removing and adding again.

Both were very fun, though the music was a bit jarring. Like that it was in Kara-Tur.

anything