Poll

If Dungeon Craft were finished, would you use it to design modules?

Yes, absolutely!
14 (53.8%)
I might use it.
7 (26.9%)
I don't know.
0 (0%)
Not likely.
5 (19.2%)
No, definitely not.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: POLL: Dungeon Craft  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Rosestar

• Keeper of the Blue Kitten
Re: POLL: Dungeon Craft
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:53 AM »
Yay for those of you willing to give DC a chance. :) I hope that we can supplement your FRUA experience.

For those people looking for wall/combat wall creating programs, DC has something along those lines (at least kind of).

Many, many moons ago, Phalzyr created the EZ-wall creator that is downloadable from the DC site. It's a stand alone program for creating walls for use in DC. It can make walls for all 3 resolutions in the blink of an eye. Of course, as Suzanne was mentioning above, it's not necessarily a substiture for an artis, but for a straight-forward wall, it works pretty well. And if you're a Photoshop user, there are several actions floating around - one to create walls for 640x480, at least one for 1024x879 and an action to create combat walls.
|sf>You misunderstand.  I have no complaints about the wall-drawing program that creates walls in the 3rd player mode (i.e. what EZ-wall creator does).  In most cases, I don't have to touch up its results (unless I'm picky about the close ups). 

Someone was suggesting that there should be a program that draws the walls for combat dungeon art.   That's where I'd be a little more picky.  :D
---
Suzanne M. Ferree
  ev322@netzero.net

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 06:32:19 AM »
I know myself too well and if I start poking around or messing with the editor (at any stage), it would only distract me from my FRUA endeavors, which I am sorely trying to wrap up. 

:o Yeah, you stay away from Dungeon Craft, Keith! Don't you dare even read the threads here! :P

Deepdelvers rules!  :D

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »
|sf>You misunderstand.  I have no complaints about the wall-drawing program that creates walls in the 3rd player mode (i.e. what EZ-wall creator does).  In most cases, I don't have to touch up its results (unless I'm picky about the close ups). 

Someone was suggesting that there should be a program that draws the walls for combat dungeon art.   That's where I'd be a little more picky.  :D
No worries. :) I didn't think you were complaining. :) I just wanted to mention these b/c some people who want to design are not artists (or at least think they're not) but still want to do stuff themselves.

I think all of the shortcuts work well for basic/standard/default/choose-your-word kinds of walls and combat walls. Sometimes they need to be touched up a little bit. It's the more unusual walls and combat walls that need the special attention given to them by a person. :D